Part 19

*benny's pov*

"What do you want to talk about?" I ask.

"When Philips and me were together, he made it out like you and y/n were really bad people but ever since we broke up I realised your nothing like he made you out to be." She says "so I was just wondering if we could start over and maybe be friends?" She looks serious, this isn't one of her stupid jokes.

"Why couldn't you talk to me and y/n about this, why just me?" I ask

"I don't think she would listen and probably try and argue with me so I thought I'd talk to you about it and then you could talk to her." She says. I consider it for a moment.

"I'll talk to her about it and tell you what she says." I say.

"Thank you" she looks genuine, so Ill talk to y/n and hopefully she sorts it out with Hayley.

I get back over to y/n, who's sitting in the same spot she was in before.

"What happened?" She asks.

"She wants to start over and be friends"

"No" she says instantly.

"Y/n she seemed genuine, I think she really does want to be friends." I say "why don't you give her a chance and we'll see what happens?"

She stays silent for a moment "fine."

"Good" I smile at her

*y/n's pov*

I'm not too keen on being friends with Hayley but if Benny thinks it's a good idea then I'm sure he's right.

The dance ends a little while later and everyone is starting to make their way home. Me and Benny are still sat at the same table as before; we've been talking about baseball, like usual. Benny stands up and puts his hand out.

"Cmon I'll take you home." He says. I take his hand and stand up. My hand stays holding his as we leave, and so does his.

We're a few minutes from my house. It's dark, the road is lit up by the street lights.

"Are you definitely okay?" Benny asks "you know, with everything that happened with Philips. I know you quite liked him."

This boy is so clueless.

"I didnt like Philips" I say. He looks at me confused.

"Then why'd you go to the dance with him?" He asks.

"Because you went with Britney." I say "I wanted to go with you"

His face lights up. He doesn't get the chance to say anything because we are now by my house. We stop and face each other. He's standing close to me, very close. I turn my head to look at my house.

"Thank you for-"

Benny turns my head to face him and pushes his lips onto mine. Im shocked but I kiss back, obviously. Quite a few seconds pass before I pull away, trying to hide my smile. I keep my face close to his, saying nothing. I don't want him to leave; then I remember about all the sandlot boys.

I take his hand and start walking to the door. He's slightly hesitant.

"Y/n I don't live here." He says.

"It's fine, all the boys are staying round so you can aswell."

We open the door and see all the boys sitting in the living room, watching tv and stuffing their faces with food they've found in the kitchen. They all turns their head when they hear the door close. All of them looked shocked.

"Well thats not Philips" says ham.

"I'm confused" says yeah yeah.

"Aren't we all" squints says.

Me and Benny walk over and sit on the couch. They're all bombarding Benny with questions. I'm beside smalls.

"What happened to Philips?" Smalls whispers to me. "And Britney?!"

"Well let's just say that they aren't a problem anymore." I say smiling at him. His face lights up.

"So you and Benny..?" He asks confused.

"Noo. We aren't together" I say "yet."

His face lights up even more. "What do you mean yet?!"

To be honest I'm not too sure what I mean when I say yet but I like winding up smalls.

"I've told you enough smalls." I say "but if anything else important happens I'll tell you."

He smiles excitedly.

I check the time and it's quite late. All the boys lying down and are still watching tv. I stand up and manoeuvre round the boys to get to the stairs. Mum and dad have already gone to sleep so I try to be as quiet as possible. I get changed and ready for bed.

As I'm about to head to sleep, my door opens. I look over to see who it is. Benny. My face lights up.

"Uhh there's not a lot of space downstairs and um i wanted to ask if um" he looks nervous, I give him a look, gesturing him to carry on.

"Can I sleep here with you?" He asks. I smile widely.

"Of course you can"

He lies next to me on his side with his head propped up by his hand to face me.

"I wanna try again with you y/n" he says "for real this time"