Part 6

*bennys pov*
It's the next moring. It's 7:50. I get changed and run to the sandlot. The boys are already there.

"Why aren't you guys playing?" I ask.

"We forgot a ball, we thought you would have one." Ham says.

"I got some money in my pocket, I'll go buy one." I run to Vincent's drugstore. I see Hayley. I ignore her and walk in. In the corner of my eye, I notice her following me.

"Are you seriously dating y/n?" She asks.

"Yes" I lie.

"Why. I'm much better then her anyway." She says proudly. What a bitch.

"You're not." I buy the ball and walk out the shop. She continues to follow me. "You have a boyfriend, why does it matter if I'm with y/n."

"Yeah but I'll probably break up with him anyway, he clearly isn't over y/n." She says. "And I heard that y/n isn't over him either."

"Shut up Hayley"

"You shouldn't waste your time on her, she'll go back to Philips in a heartbeat" Hayley walks away. I walk to the sandlot. I see y/n. I give the ball to the boys.

"You okay?" She asks.

"It's just Hayley being Hayley" I say

"What a bitch" she says. I laugh

"Oh yeah by the way you know school starts in a couple days" she says. I nod "the back to school dance is happening on the Friday and you're taking me."

I hate school dances. I normally skip them and play baseball instead.

"Do I have to?" I ask

"Yep" she says sounding quite excited.

I give in. "Okay, I'll take you too the dance"

*y/n's pov*

I smile widely at him before walking home. As I'm leaving the sandlot, I feel someone grab my hand. I turn around and see Benny.

"Lets hangout somewhere" he says.

"How come?" I ask

"Well if we are 'dating' I wanna get to know you" he takes my hand and walks in the direction where all the shops and restaurants are.

"You know me pretty well benny" I say.

"Yeah but a lot has changed since last summer."

"Fair enough" I smile.

I enjoyed spending time with Benny. He's easy to talk to. He's always been like that though, so it's nothing new. It is one of the reasons I asked him for the favour, I'd rather pretend to date someone nice and friendly instead of someone annoying like Philips.

We go to an ice cream shop and decide to share an ice cream. We were talking about our  new hobbies and other things we didn't already know about each other. After a few hours we decide to head home.

We eventually make it to my house

"The next time I see you will probably be school, so ill see you soon" I hug him.

"Bye y/n" he says. I kiss him on the cheek before walking into my house.