Part 49

"Hurry up yeah-yeah!" I yell, impatiently waiting by the front door.

He appears from the kitchen. "yeah yeah, lets go."

I follow him out the door, my baseball glove in my hand. Instead of walking onto the road, yeah-yeah begins to make his way across the front garden. Towards Benny's house.

"What are you doing?" I ask cautiously.

"We're getting benny." He replies, knocking on his door.

When benny appears in the doorway, my stomach begins twisting and turning.

It feels wrong hanging out with him, especially just after telling him we should spend time apart.

His eyes gaze at mine, in awe. I look at the ground, nervously.

"Alright lets go, we don't want to be late." Yeah-yeah comments, wandering off.

"Didn't think i'd see you so soon." he leans down slightly, whispering in my ear "You worked out what you want yet?"

As soon as I arrive I rush over to Kenny, who has already seen me arrive with Benny.

"What happened to keeping your distance for a while?" Kenny smirks.

"Thats exactly what i'm asking myself." I sigh.

Bertram appears next to us, also smirking. "I guess you realised that you do want benny then."

"Shut up Bertram. It was yeah-yeah who decided he should walk with us, not me."

"Deny it all you want y/n. Everyone knows you two are meant to be."

"I'm not denying anything. I know how I feel about him better than any of you. But I need to be a good friend to Phoebe so how I feel about him doesn't matter right now." I explain.

"Do you love benny?" Kenny asks me.

I hesitate. "Yes, you know that though."

"Quit trying to please everyone else and think about yourself. You'd choose benny over anyone, including Phoebe so there's no point in trying to act like thats not true."

"Listen guys I understand what you're saying but Its not that easy." I sigh, walking over to the rest of the group.

"She'll never listen." Bertram says to Kenny.

*Benny's pov*

We've Been playing baseball for a few hours now and it's clear everyone feels too hot to play.

"Benny its too hot, can we take a break now?" Ham pleads.

"Yeah okay." I head over to the dugout where everyone else had already fled to, desperate for water.

"I think I might go to Vincents drugstore and get some drinks. does anyone want anything?" Y/n asks.

"Bottles of coke pleaseee." Squints begs her.

"Okay got it." She smiles.

"I can come with you, if you want." I offer.

To no surprise she declines. "I can go on my own, thank you though benny."

She can talk about keeping distance and whatever but i'm not giving up. Deep down we both know she wants me, just as much as I want her. And I'm gonna keeping trying until she realises. Respectfully, of course.

Bertram waits until she leaves before speaking. "Y/n was talking about how much she loves you earlier benny."

"Oi don't exaggerate it. If she finds out, she'll kill you." Kenny interrupts him.

"But she said it!" Bertram says defensively.

"There's no point in telling him stuff he already knows." Squints points out.

"How do you know he knows?" Ham questions him.

"Just look at him! He's sat there smiling and blushing like crazy." Squints points over at me. All eyes look over at me, I feel a little exposed.

I sit there continuously smiling.

**

Y/n runs over to the group, drinks in her hand.

"Guess what i just found out." Y/n says while handing out drinks.

"what is it?" the boys all ask, eager to find out.

"Hayley is moving to Florida during the summer meaning she wont be at school." She grins.

"Finally! I was praying that would happen since I met her." Kenny sighs in relief.

"I never liked her." Timmy says.

"Yeah, I never liked her." Tommy repeats.

"We can finally play baseball with nobody to ruin it." Ham sighs in relief.

"Don't forget about Philips and the tigers, I'm sure they'll keep on bothering us." Squints mentions.

"No they won't." Y/n tell him.

"How do you know?" He questions me.

"Don't worry about it, I sorted it all out." She says.

I'm glad she fixed things with him, but only because it means he won't bother us all the time. It hurts knowing she's on better terms with him than me, but that'll change soon, I know it.