Part 9

I stand there unsure what to do.

"She's not even that pretty" I hear a voice behind me. I turn around and see Philips.

"She's beautiful" I sigh. She really is, that's the problem. I wouldn't be surprised if benny liked her. I would be annoyed if he did because it would ruin the whole point of us pretending to date but also because I'm pretty sure I like him. Well I'm very sure. At this point I'm not sure if I'm still pretending to date him because I want to make Philips jealous or if it's because I like benny and I like being with him.

"Not as beautiful as you" I keep forgetting Philips still likes me.

"Why don't you go bother your girlfriend." I say turning around to look at benny and britney. They're laughing and talking with eachother. He looks happy around her. Is he happy around me?

"Listen I know that benny is making you upset so hear me out." I turn back around and look at Philips "walk past them with me, we just have to talk, nothing else. It will make him really annoyed and he'll probably not wanna talk to Britney, and talk to you instead" I smile at him. Philips loved doing things like this, that's why I dated him. If someone liked me or if someone liked him, we would make it clear we were dating if front of them until they got mad and backed off.

"Alright then" I say.

"You gotta actually look happy to talking me." He says.

"I will don't worry." I smile at him. "Wait what do we talk about."

"Trust me, I got it." He says. We start walking down the hallway in their direction.

"So have you heard about the back to school dance" he asks

"Yeah what about it" I reply. I see benny looking over.

"Do you need a date for it?" He says just as we pass benny, Typical Philips. Benny looks really annoyed. He comes over to us.

"No she doesn't, she's going with me." He says. I'll be honest, benny looks very attractive when he's mad. But I'm still a little annoyed with him

"Am I? Are you sure your aren't going with Britney!?" I say.

"So what if he was?" Britney says involving herself into the conversation.

"Bitch go away." I say "He is my boyfriend, not yours"

"Don't call her a bitch!" Benny says. I look at him shocked.

"Wow" I say in disbelief, I walk off. Philips reaches out for my hand but I push his arm away and carry on walking.

I really like benny, what does Britney have that I don't?

*benny's pov*

I'm so stupid, why did I say that. I don't know why she's so mad. Britney is really nice, and quite attractive. Me and y/n aren't even actually dating. Why does it matter to her who I talk to? I really like y/n, I really do but she doesn't like me, she's just using me to make Philips jealous because she probably still likes him.

I do care about her so I follow her. I catch up to her and stop her. She looks really upset.

"Y/n." I say, I'm not really sure what else I'm gonna say.

"I have to get to class." She says turning away from me and continuing to walk. I follow her, again.

"Can we please just talk after school. Meet me at the sandlot" I say.

"Fine" she says. I stop following her and go to my own class.

I'm on my way there, when Britney stops me.

"Wanna hang out after school." She asks. Can she just go away.

"Can't" I reply

"Why not?" She asks. I'm really not in the mood to talk to her.

"Because I'm going to the sandlot"

"Oh cool! I see you there!" She walks off

"Wait what. No your not coming" I say. She doesn't hear me.

*y/n's pov*

Class is boring. I sit there not getting any work done. I don't feel like doing anything. I don't want to loose benny, especially to a bitch like Britney.

It finally gets to the end of the day. I leave school and go home to get dressed before going to the sandlot.