Part 10

I change into some different clothes and walk to the sandlot. On my way I see benny.

"Let's just wait and talk about it all at the sandlot."

He nods and smiles at me. We walk to the sandlot together.

Britney walks to the sandlot and sees a group of boys playing baseball. She walks over to them.

"Woahh who is that?!" Says squints.

"I don't know, she looks around bennys age." Says ham.

"Do you think she's hotter than y/n?" asks Bertram.

"That's not possible" says Kenny.

"Nobody is hotter than y/n" says ham.

"Shut up about my sister." Complains yeah yeah.

"Who are you guys?" Asks Britney.

"Uhh we play baseball here." Says smalls.

"Do you guys know who benny is?" She asks

"Yeah! He's the best on our team!" They say.

"Well where is he?" She asks

"Why do you wanna know? Are you his girlfriend!?" Squints asks

"Well I want to be but I can't." She says

"Why not?" They ask

"Because he's dating that stupid y/n girl."

"What!!" They all yell in shock.

*y/n's pov*

We get to the sandlot.

"What!!" I hear the boys yell. I look at benny concerned. Then I see her.

"What the fuck is Britney doing here?" I say to benny.

"Well she wanted to hang out after school but I told her no because I was going to the sandlot and she invited herself" he answers.

We walk over to them. Yeah yeah is looking at me in hatred.

"You okay yeah yeah?" I ask.

"I hate you." He walks over to the dugout. I'm confused.

"What is going on?" I ask the other boys.

"I can't believe you guys didn't tell us" ham says, he looks over at Benny. "I thought you were our friend"

I look at Benny. He looks at me. We've both realised what they are talking about. Shit.

"Did you tell them!?" I ask Benny annoyed.

"No! I swear!" He replies defensively. I run over to yeah yeah.

"Alan, I'm sorry I-" I begin to say before he cuts me off.

"That is my best friend y/n!" The others start making their way over to us.

"Im sorry!" I say. I really am sorry, I didn't want him to find out for this exact reason

"I can't believe you! You are the worst sister ever!" He yells.

"You don't mean that Alan." I say in disbelief.

"Yeah yeah I do! I wish you weren't my sister!"

Everyone is either looking at me or at the ground. I say nothing. I look at Benny. He won't even back me up. I get it was my idea but he could at least say something.

Yeah yeah then looks at Benny. "You are a horrible friend! Don't ever speak to me again, either of you!"

"Alan! You're being childish. Just stop it!" I yell. He frowns at me before walking off. The boys follow him, leaving me, Benny and Britney in the dugout. Britney keeps giving me dirty looks.

"Go away Britney!" I say. She scoffs and leaves the sandlot.

"That was not supposed to happen" I say.

"This is all your fault y/n" mutters benny.

"If you didn't tell Britney about the sandlot, he would have never found out." I point out.

"I've just lost my best friend because of you. This is why we went our separate ways end of last summer." He says "I'm not doing this anymore, it was a waste of time."

"Fine" I say. I didn't really care anymore. Of course I really like Benny but I knew it would never work out anyway, because I knew my brother would act like this. He will never forgive me. Benny walks off. I sit in the dugout alone.

Benny's pov*

I really like y/n and I know I shouldn't blame her. Even though us being together wasn't real, the feeling we had for each other was. We should've just talked it out instead of ending things because now I've done it, I know what I really want. Which is to be with y/n, not pretending, but for real.