Part 47

Im rushing to put my shoes on as Kenny repetitively keeps banging on my front door.

"Y/n hurry up, we have been waiting forever." he complains.

I stand up after tying my laces. "Im coming, chill out." I yell.

I open the door to see Kenny stood with Bertram and Benny.

"Okay finally lets go" Bertram says.

It only takes 10 or so minutes to arrive at the house. The house is already looking quite full. We are meeting the others here so as soon as we get into the house we begin looking for them. It doesn't take long before we see them all sat with each other in the living room chatting to one another.

"Hey guys! You made it!" Gracie says noticing our arrival. 

"The drinks are just over there if you all wanna get something." River points in the direction of a kitchen counter covered in drinks, mostly beer and spirits. 

"Okay thanks." I say as we make our way over to the table. I take a beer and return over to the others.

I take a seat opposite Gracie and Taylor. 

"Y/n I think you have an admirer." smirks Gracie.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"There's a boy over there looking at you." She says pointing behind me.

I turn around to see Philips a few meters away, leaning against a door. 

"What the hell does he want?" Benny frowns.

"I have no idea." I sigh.

"Do you know him?" Asks Dylan.

"Yeah she knows him very well." Kenny smiles.

"This is going to be interesting." Says Bertram.

He begins walking over to us.

"Y/n." he says.

"Jordan." I reply, waiting for him to explain what he is doing here.

"Can we talk?" He asks.

I glance over at Benny who is shaking his head, gesturing me to say no.

"Please." he begs.

"Fine." I get up from my seat. 

I follow him upstairs into a quiet room so we can hear each other over the music.

"What do you want to talk to me about?" I ask wanting this to be over with so I can go back downstairs.

"Well I haven't seen you for a long time and when I saw that you were here I thought I should talk to you." He tells me.

"Okay, about what though?" I question him.

"I just wanted to apologise. What I did the dance with Britney was wrong and ive felt awful ever since." He explains.

"Well why couldn't you have said this sooner, why are you apologising now?"

"I honestly don't know. I guess I just didn't know what to say." He shrugs. "But I know I wronged you and I want you to know Im sorry."

"What's the catch?" I ask.

He looks at me confused. "What do you mean?"

"Jordan, I know you. You don't just do nice things, there's always something in it for you."

"There isn't I promise. Im trying to be a better person and by doing that I need to apologise to you." He says.

"Why are you suddenly trying to be a better person?" I ask.

"I got kicked off the tigers and it's made me realise alone I am." he sighs looking down at the ground. 

I cant help but feel bad for him. That team was everything to him.

"Why were you kicked off the team?" I ask softly.

"I don't think they liked me being captain." He looks upset.

"Jordan. I forgive you, for everything. And dont worry about getting kicked off the team, you're an amazing baseball player, you'll have no trouble finding a new team." I reassure him.

He looks at me, giving me half a smile. "Thank you y/n."

"Dont worry about it." I smile.

The door flies open. "Y/n whats going on?" Benny is stood in the doorway staring at us.

"We are talking." Philips tells him.

"I wasn't talking to you." He frowns at Philips.

"Benny its fine, we are just talking." I tell him.

"Are you guys now friends or something?" He asks, slightly annoyed.

"What does it matter to you? You're not my boyfriend benny, I can do what I want." I tell him.

He looks hurt by my statement. "Yeah, whatever." he mutters, leaving the room.

"I'm sorry Jordan, I've gotta go talk to him." I say.

"Yeah I know. I'll see you around." he smiles.

I return the smile before rushing down the stairs in search of Benny.

I see him walking through the crowd, I hurry after him and grab his hand to stop him from going any further.

"Benny, I swear we were just talking. Dont be so mad about it." I tell him.

"You don't understand y/n." He says turning to talk away.

I pull him back. "Then help me understand." 

"Not here." he sighs.

"Let's leave then, we can go somewhere and talk." I offer.

"We haven't been here long y/n. Don't feel like you have to leave just so we can talk. We'll talk another time."

"No I dont care. Let's go to the sandlot and talk." I tell him.

He looks at me for a moment. "Okay yeah."

"Good, I'll go tell the others and I'll meet you outside." I tell him.

He nods before heading off in the direction of the front door. I make my way through the crowd to the others who are still in the same spot as before.

"Hey y/n, everything okay?" Kenny asks.

"Yeah, me and Benny are gonna go to the sandlot. Just thought id let you know so you dont start worrying where we went."

"Okay, we'll see you later?" Gracie says.

"Yeah definitely."