26

Hola!

Chapter 26.

Christian's POV:

I couldn't find her.

"Hey Tyson? Have you seen Jeanna?" I asked as he frowned. "No. Diana said she saw her at the poolside taking a call but that was over an hour ago." He said. Where could she be?

Thanking him, I made my way towards the poolside. It was dark outside but there was no sign of Jeanna.
I dialled her number and waited as it rang.
I ran towards her phone that was by the edge of the pool. What the heck?

I looked around again and almost missed the little note taped on a beach chair. I grabbed it and scanned it's contents.

'Good luck finding her. She's mine now.'

I couldn't think. She was gone. They have her. I didn't know how long I was standing in shock till I felt the paper being ripped my hands.

"What the fuck is this?!" Diana yelled. I raked my hands through my hair. I need to find her. I have to.

"Party's over. Send everyone home. Jeanna's been kidnapped." I said gravely as she gasped.

"No..." She whispered.

I sighed. I walked out. Time for a really unnecessary family gathering.

************************************

I sat with my head in my hands as everyone else argued about who's fault it was. Jeanna's grandparents, who I just discovered owned the Russian mafia we're blaming Lorenzo. He was oddly quiet taking it all.

"Enough!"

I looked up at Jeanna's mum who was in tears. Her mother held her close.
"My baby girl is gone! Yet all you're doing is yelling at each other. This is not helping!! God knows where she is and what they're doing to her." She cried out.

"Calm down Rina. We'll find her. I've already disposed my men to search for her." Nikolai said. Cassandra and Serenity had an arm each on my shoulder trying to offer their comfort.
When I said everyone was here, everyone was here. Even Lisa but she was asleep.

"Babe didn't you have a tracker on her?" Serenity asked causing everyone to look at Lorenzo. He nodded.

"Disconnected."

"Isn't there some sort of way to track it?" Andrew was the one to speak.

"The only person that can do that is Lucian and he went to rescue Lexi." Jasper said. I frowned at that info. Lexi was also taken?

"Did you scan the note properly? There's such a thing as invisible ink." Skyla piped in still rubbing a soothing hand on her daughter's back.

"Yes ma'am. We did." Jasper answered.

"This is all my fault." I muttered looking down. "Don't say that Son. You didn't know." Mum said and I shook my head in disagreement. "I should've gone with her and waited. I... it's my fault." I said in fustration.

Everyone was quiet.

"Hero?"

In the midst of all the talking, Lisa had woken up. She weaseled her way into my arms as I stared at her. She gave me a bright smile that awfully mirrored the one Jeanna gave.

"It's going to be fine Hero. You'll save her and you can get married happily ever after." She said seriously.
I couldn't help the smile that lit my face. "I will. I promise you Star." I whispered and she hugged me.

Cassandra took her from me and left.
"Lorenzo? Do you have any leads?" Nikolai asked.

"A few."

His lack of words were giving me great concerns.
"Lorenzo? Can I talk to you outside?" He nodded and we both stepped outside.

"Is everything okay?" I asked stuffing my hands in my pockets.
He let out a breath and turned to me.

"I don't know what the fuck our families are doing but whatever it is we have to hurry. Rigel is a crazy man and Jeanna is a spitball of fire. They don't mix well." He stated. I nodded. He was right.
This was time wasting.

"Is there anyway we can reach Lucian? Maybe Jeanna is also where Lexi is." I suggested.

"He's in Mexico. Jeanna is still in America." He said. My eyes widen.

"How do you know that?" I asked in a suspicious tone. He smirked.

"Trust me. I just know." He said and I scoffed. "I don't trust you man. If I have to then I will but only because Jeanna trust you." I said. He chuckled.

"Dude, I'm your sister husband. I deserve a lot more than that." He argued. I shrugged.

"Work for it."

************************************

It's already the next day after my birthday and still no news on her whereabouts. Lucian had returned this morning with an unconscious Lexi in his arms. He snarled at every living soul that neared her except for Skyla, Jeanna's grandmother. That woman was the one keeping everyone sane at the moment.

Deciding to get some air, I walked to the park.
I sat on a random bench watching everyone and everything.

"Hi."

I frowned at the girl sitting beside me. "Hi. Who are you?" I asked. She smiled.

"It really doesn't matter. You need to listen to me." Was I dreaming or did she look familiar?

"What do you want?" I asked sighing. I was already so tired.

"I saw you on the news. Heard the daughter of Andrew Jackson is missing." She said. I was on the news? Already? It's barely been 24 hours.

"Why are you telling me what I already know?" I snapped. Her presence was annoying me.
She sighed.
"I just want to help. I'm friends with Jeanna." She said and I scoffed.

"The only friend She has are the ones in our squad. So drop the act." I spat. She stared in shock before looking away.

"I'm sorry I bothered you. I'll leave now." She stood up and walked away.
As she left I watched her. Why did she seem so familiar?

A/N
Hey! What do you think? Thoughts?
Who is the girl at the end of the chapter? Any ideas?

QOTD- Salty or Spicy?
Probably Salty. I can't handle spice well.

See you at the next one Amigos!
Lots of love.
Sophie❤️