38

Hey guys!

Don't forget to vote and share!

This chapter will be viewed from a completely different POV.

Chapter 38.

LUCIAN'S POV:

Two months.

Still in a coma.

I had probably already memorised how the hospital looked like from the top to bottom seeing as I visited with Lorenzo, Serenity and Alexia almost everyday for the past two months.

It wasn't all bad news Everytime we came and I was glad for that. These two had been through a lot.
The last time we were here, Christian had woken up from his coma. He barely understood anything that was going on around him and kept asking for Jeanna's whereabouts. Apparently the shock of her burning to her death hit him hard and he was finding it difficult to cope.

We had all tried to assure him everything was okay but he wouldn't believe it. At some point he snapped and ripped his IV away from his arm in his frantic search for Jeanna.

The only person that could calm him down was Jeanna and she was still on the brink of death. He was forced into a drug induced sleep with much restraint.

He had broken three ribs from being hit severally and had two gun holes in his side. He's lucky to survive that kind of shot but Jeanna was even luckier since she had been shot in the chest few meters away from her heart.

She was stronger than I imagine. She required a blood transfusion at first to keep her heart beating and the only match was her sister. Mia was willing to give up her whole circulatory system if it could save her sister.

She had explained everything to everyone and we all understood where she was in everything. She was forced into this and had her child used as bait to make her do it regardless.

After Jeanna was declared stable we were allowed to go in and see her.
I felt myself go sick. She looked deathly pale and she has tan skin.

Her hair had lost all it's colour and looked dried. I stood aside and let everyone see her and when it was finally my turn, Alexia pulled me closer.

"I admire you Princess." I whispered to her sleeping form. I genuinely did. For someone who just got thrown into the Mafia world she dealt with it better than I could have imagined. She's an amazing leader and would lead the Russian Mafia well if she chose to.

Today, I came alone to see if I could have a decent conversation with Christian. He had refused to say a word to anyone and I hoped I would get something out of him. He's like a brother to me too.

I nod at the receptionist as I walk by. This wasn't a hospital owned by Lorenzo but they definitely knew him and who he is. I made my way into his ward room after knocking twice. It felt weird to knock making me realize how entitled I actually am.

Christian turned to me and rolled his eyes. I smirked. That was some progress in my books.

"Hey Bro!" I chirped as I sat beside him. I snagged one of the bags of chips set aside for him, opened it and began eating.

"How are you doing?" Crunch. He ignored me and kept his gaze fixed outside the window. I snorted. Grabbing my seat I moved and sat directly in his view and he made an annoyed face.

"I'm way more prettier than that view." I said smugly and he arched an eyebrow.
He could counter that by just saying a word but he didn't only turned to glare at the IV.

"You know," Crunch. "That doesn't work. Tried several times. I think it makes it go slower." I piped and saw a muscle tense on his arm.

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.