30

Hola!

Dedicated to all my readers!

Chapter 30.

(PS: can't believe we've made it all the way to chapter 30!)

JEANNA'S POV:

I sat patiently between Lucian and Lexi. We were waiting for Carla, Tristan and Lorenzo to show up.

"Hey!" I got up and hugged my best friends. "Hey guys! I'm glad you're here." I said as they smiled brightly.

"It's nothing girl. Sup Lexia!" Mandy hollered as Lexi smirked.
"Hey bitches." She said with a smile. Diana rolled her eyes and sat beside Lucian.

"You must be Lucian." She said. He shot her a dazzling smile to which she unfortunately wasn't affected by.

"I am. Nice to meet you. You're Diana right?" He asked. She gave a simple nod.

"So you're the dude she keeps rambling about?" Diana jerked a thumb in Lexi's direction.

"Dude!! Don't say that!!"

Lucian chuckled.

"Before your ego climbs up a notch, none of the things said about you were nice." Diana said coolly as Lucian's face lost his smile.

"I don't like you."

Sighing, I shushed him. "That's enough now. Diana be nice to Lucian." I chided and she shrugged. She could care less.

"You should get nicer friends." He muttered at me as I smiled. "It's not everyone you meet in life that you get along with Lucian!" Diana stated and he glared at her.

I was afraid he was truly developing hatred for her until he smirked at her. She returned the smirk as they did some sort of handshake to everyone's surprise.

"Wait, you know him?" Mandy spluttered in shock as Diana nodded.

"My mum hired him for a while to watch over me. We barely lasted a minute because I got him fired. So technically we're still meeting for the first time." She explained.

"Then what's that handshake you just did?" Lexi asked sounding painfully jealous.

"We just made it up right now." Lucian said and I frowned. Did he think we were stupid or what?

Just then, Lorenzo arrived with Carla and Tristan. Lexi rushed to her sister pulling her into a hug.

"Oh my God. I missed you. He told me he shipped you off to those dealers." Lexi said as Carla smiled slightly.

"He did. I just managed to escape the ship. Took loads of salt water and fainting twice in the sea." She grimaced as we all stared in shock.

"Thankfully, I made it to shore where I met Tristan. He's been with me ever since." She explained.

"That is some screwed up shit." Mandy and Diana chorused at the same time.
How did she even survive in the sea with all the creatures lurking around?

Damn. Rigel must've fucked them up badly.

"We all know Carla is stronger than that. Don't be surprised she survived." Lucian said with a salute in her direction.

"I did learn from the best." She said nudging Lexi who smiled at her.
"Anyways, now that we're here we have to plan. I want him dead." Lorenzo said as we all looked at him.

We settled down, waiting for his proposal.

"We all know that he's been dropping notes but the question is how? Even after placing countless guards around the perimeter of Jeanna's room, he still gets in." He explained. Even I had wondered how he kept doing that.

"Jeanna? Is there anyone who can get into your house past the security lock without triggering the alarm?" Carla asked and I shook my head.

"No. Only family members and recently just you guys." I said.

"I think it's her Dad." Tristan said and I glared holes into his head. "I don't think that. I think it's Christian that's working with Rigel."

I swiftly turned around to look at Lexi.

"What the fuck?!" I spat and she sighed standing up. Lorenzo watched quietly. Observing the situation.

"It's obvious he hates Lorenzo for marrying his sister. Don't you think he might want some sort of revenge against him?" She asked and I scoffed.

"He's innocent. Infact I think you're the one still working with your father!" I yelled.
"Alexia does have a point." Mandy muttered.

"Jeanna does too." Diana defended.

"If I was still working with him why would he try to kill Carla and I?" She snapped as Diana frowned looking away.

"Helllooo? Haven't you of a thing called diversion and distraction?!" I snapped.

No one answered.

I stared at everyone in disbelief.

"Why are you believing her?!" I cried out. Lorenzo called my name and forced me to look at the flat screen TV.

"Alexia had her doubts about him so she followed him for some time and stumbled upon this." He said.

I watched as Christian walked out into the night, glancing around warily.

He waited for a few seconds before a man approached him with some notes. I gasped in shock as they shook hands and he returned back to his house.

"Jea...."

I didn't want to believe it but it was right before my eyes. Christian was the one putting those notes in my room? Was this all a game to him?

I stumbled backwards in shock.

Lorenzo quickly grabbed my arm and steadied me before I could crumble to the ground.

"I'm so sorry Jeanna. I didn't want to keep this from you as your friend." Lexi said softly as I just stared at her. Her image blurred and I realized I was crying.

"Let go of me." I whispered. Reluctantly Lorenzo let go of my arm. They assumed I'd attack Lexi but that wasn't my plan. I had to find Christian.

"Umm...Uh..I... I have to go." I mumbled as I made my way to the door.

"Come on." Lucian whispered and led me out of the building. I was in shock.

Did Christian really betray me?

He really is Playing with my heart here. I could only hope Lexi was wrong or she saw wrong. I can't bear it.

It'll break me.

A/N
Short chap! Thoughts?
Please Vote and Comment. Please!

QOTD-Do you like Bunnies?
Yes I absolutely do!

See ya later Amigos!
Lots of love,
Sophie❤️.