29

Hola!

Dedicated to all my readers.

Chapter 29.

JEANNA'S POV:

When I woke up, I was surprised to see Christian asleep beside me on a chair.

Where the hell was I?

The memories came rushing and hit me like a Trainwreck.

Oh my God.

I just escaped from Rigel.

Holy shit.

I sat up causing Christian to wake up. "Hi." I whispered as he ran a hand through his messy hair. "Hey. How are you feeling?" He asked. I smiled.

"I'm good. Feeling a little light headed but I'll be alright." I assured. My head was wrapped in a bandage.

"Where's everyone?" I asked. He shrugged. "Sent them out. They were annoying me." He said as I snickered.

"You didn't tell me your grandparents owned the Russian mafia." He said as I sighed.

"Trust me, I didn't know until recently as well. I'm more pissed because I could've spent most of my vacations there instead of England." I said as he chuckled.

"Well, your grandpa is pretty scary." He said and I laughed. "I can't really testify to that. I barely know him but he looks scary to me too." I agreed as he smiled.

"Are you hungry? I can get you some food to eat. Carla snuck a shitload of drugs into your drink like she said." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Of course she did." I grumbled as he smiled. " Incase it pissed you off, you should know it helped. You lost a lot of blood for hours and those iron pills helped." He explained as I sighed.

"What's on your mind?" He asked watching me.

"They let me go. While we were driving away, I looked back and Rigel stood at a balcony smiling at me. He let me go on purpose and it scares me." I said.

"He's a psycho. We'll figure it out. You don't need to add on more stress right now. Just get better." He advised and I nodded with a smile.

He stood up to leave the room.

"Oh and thanks for the gift. I absolutely love it." He said and left before I could reply. I smirked. One step at a time Christian.

************************************

It's been a few weeks and my head had healed properly along with the other bruises I got.

Rigel still played mind games by dropping notes everywhere. I was getting sick of it.

Today's note was flat out stupid.

"Miss me?"

Why the hell would I miss that bastard? Lorenzo saw it and was beyond pissed. Letting me know there was an underlying message in those words.

Anyways, My grandparents are literal badasses. They absolutely adored Lisa and I to my father's dismay. He kept trying to chip in mentions of Mia but he was always shut down with a glare.

It was obvious he loved and cared for her more than he did for us but he was making it painfully obvious and my mother was taking it worse.

It made her more scared for mine and Lisa's life. Even after countless reassurance she was still doubtful. I couldn't blame her though. My dad can be utterly stupid sometimes.

He even went as far as to say I'm better off with the Mexicans. Where's the love?!

Even though I played it cool in front of everyone, when I was in the confines of my room, I'd break down and cry. It felt bad to always be compared and not be enough in the eyes of the one person you adore.

It was so hard faking smiles too. Diana, Mandy and Lexi tried to make me feel a little better about my self but it was already ingrained in me that I'll never be as good as Mia in my father's eyes.

To be honest, at some point I hated Mia. So much. It felt like she took away my daddy. When we were kids she was always the center of my father's affection. She was the perfect child to him.

Where as, I was the rebel. And still am. Whenever Mia got bullied, I'd be the one to stand up to her bullies and then get punished for doing so.

When Lisa came along, I was suddenly invincible to my father. Nonetheless, I couldn't hate the little bundle of joy that I love so much.

There wasn't much I could do except be myself but I was even loved less for that.

Don't get me wrong, my mother loved us all equally. I would even go far to say she loved me more than my sisters.
She made sure to shower us with her endless Love, but in the end every child wants their father's love.

*Flashback*

This was before Lisa was born and I was five while Mia was nine.

I shrieked with laughter as Mia tackled me to the ground. "Got you!" She yelled before running off.

My mother smiled as she shook her head at us. I faked a cry and her expression immediately changed.

"Amelia! Help your sister!" She called out.
"Okay Mum!" Mia crouched over me checking what was wrong.

I opened my eyes with a war cry and pulled her down with me as we rolled in the grass, our laughter's blending.

"You cheater! Mum! Jea cheated!" She cried.

My mother made her way to us. "Cheating isn't good Anna. Say sorry." She chided.

I waved my little hand in a gesture saying sorry.

Mia smiled and pulled me into the biggest hug ever.

"I can never stay mad at you! I love you so much!" She said as we fell into fits of giggles as our mother watched on with love in her eyes.

*End of flashback*

It's funny cause I've been mad at her ever since.

A/N
Thoughts? A little insight on Mia.

QOTD-What do you think happened to drift the sisters apart?

I would tell you but that's a spoiler. Hehe.

See ya the next one Bunnies!
Lots of love,
Sophie❤️