Prologue

Hello there. You may be wondering who I am.

Well, I'm an immortal girl, physically stuck as a 21 year-old (My sisters were cursed with it too. Trust me, I'm not happy about this!)

When I was younger, I ran away from my home, leaving behind what I thought was my only family. But the night I escaped was the night I came upon the Monastery of Spinjitzu, where a young Wu and Garmadon took me in.

Under their care and guidance, I was trained to become a skilled fighter. A year after I moved in, Garmadon decided to adopt me as his daughter. While Garmadon taught me how to live, Wu taught me how to survive.

As time went on, the Serpentine tribes decided they had enough of the humans, and wanted to take over the surface world. Me, Wu and Garmadon couldn't let that happen, so we recruited Elemental Masters, creating what became known as the Elemental Alliance. We even managed to get some of the villagers to help us. They were led by me, Wu and Garmdon, and together, we locked away the Serpentine in tombs, where hopefully, no one would find. We also banished Chen and Clouse somewhere far away from Ninjago City.

But our victory was short-lived. With one problem out of the way, a new problem arose.

The Time Twins, Krux and Acronix, thought they had the superior Elemental power, and thought we were inferior. They turned against us and the Elemental Masters, and fought against us with their powers. I tried to get them to stop by reasoning with them as I fought against both of the Twins; but it proved to be useless. But Wu and Garmadon assured me and the Elemental Masters that they had a plan to both defeat the Time Twins and strip them of their powers once and for all. With Ray and Maya's help, Wu and Garmdon defeated the Time Twins with blades forged from chronosteel, and banished the blades through a temporal vortex, but Krux and Acronix went after them.

Then, something happened, inside of me. I'm unsure of what happened shortly after the Time Twins' defeat, but it was like something was calling to me, like a voice, and it took me over. One moment, I was sleeping in bed and the next moment, I was outside the Monastery courtyard with everyone severely hurt. Including Wu and Garmadon. I left the Monastery the next day out of shame and regret, without telling anyone, only leaving a note apologizing to my friends and caretakers.

Oh, you think that's the end of my story? Well, it's not. What you heard was only just the beginning.

My name is Katarina Garmadon, Elemental Master of Form, user of Magic, and the Purple Ninja. And this is my story.