Tournament of Elements : Chapter 7 - Spy for a Spy

In the arena, Katarina and Mr. Paleman were up against each other. They both stood on either side of each other, Jade Blade in the center and out of reach.

"Katarina, Master of Form versus Mr. Paleman, Master of Light."

She glared at the Master of Light menacingly, pulling her mask up and getting into her fighting stance.

"FIGHT!"

He turned invisible, making it difficult for her to see where he was. She slowly looked around, narrowing her eyes. She felt a slight breeze, and she whipped around and side-kicked him.

"Despite Katarina being gone for forty years, I'm glad she hasn't forgotten her training." Garmadon said proudly.

"Wait, she trained under Wu?" Lloyd asked his father. Mr. Paleman turned visible and began throwing blows at her, a few which she didn't dodge. She returned his blows with a punch in the face.

"Yes, she did. Wu taught her the way of the ninja, just like he did to you guys. But I taught her other things that were un-related to that."

She pinned him to the ground, holding his arms in place. He laughed and turned invisible again. He kicked her to the ground, and she back-flipped, landing on the ground with her feet. She got her powers ready, then shook her head, getting in her fighting stance again.

"What did you teach her?" Kai asked.

Mr. Paleman kicked her behind her back. She looked down and saw they were both standing on sand. An idea came to her mind. She used her Spinjitzu, and seconds later, she stopped. She turned her head and smiled proudly at what she'd done. The Master of Light was now covered in sand, rendering his invisibility useless.

Katarina swiftly turned around, and roundhouse-kicked him in the face, knocking him to the ground, buying her enough time to hop onto the pillars and snatch the Jade Blade for herself. She held the blade victoriously.

"Winner!" Chen announced. Everyone cheered. A trapdoor appeared underneath the Master of Light, and he fell into the ground. There was a look of regret on her face as she watched him fall.

"I taught her how to be human." Garmadon replied with a smile.

Back in the factory, the cultists were observing the workers. At the fortune cookie machine, Chamille was checking the fortune cookies for anything wrong, and threw the wrong ones to the floor. Karlof was holding a platter, and Cole was whistling a merry tune.

"Why you whistling? Yesterday Cole was sad. Not today. What changed?" Karlof asked, confused at Cole's sudden change of behavior.

"Things are looking up, Karlof. We came here to find a friend, and I found him. All I gotta do now is get Zane and bust him out." The Earth Ninja smiled. He began putting the fortune cookies on the platter.

"Not so easy. Chen's made it nearly impossible to escape this place." Karlof was referring to the amount of cultists around the place.

"I'm still working out the details, but Zane's a Nindroid, a walking computer. If I can get to him, he'll solve anything Chen throws at us in no time."

Karlof sighed. "Karlof wished he had friend like that."

"But first order of business, I gotta let the others know I'm busting him out." Cole wedged a small slip of red paper into the cookie and put it onto the platter.

"You put message in cookie?" Karlof asked, more confused than ever.

"I know, right? That's why it's called a fortune cookie." Cole explained to him.