Possession: Chapter 11 - Curseworld Pt. 1

The next day, the Bounty landed at Steep Wisdom. By then, Lloyd had woken up and got to work at taking care of himself. Katarina and Zane treated his worse injuries, which were just a few deep cuts that were nearing infection. But besides those and the bruises littering his body, Zane assured Katarina that Lloyd was going to be fine.

On the way back to the tea shop, the Ninja got word that ghosts from the Cursed Realm were terrozing the people at Stixx. The Ninja wanted to take immediate action, but Wu told them that they needed to prepare first.

"Shouldn't we be going to Stiix? The longer we wait, the worse it'll get." Kai told Wu.

"We need to stock up." Wu explained.

"On what? Magic tea that will make us invincible?" Jay gasped excitedly. "Give us special powers? Is it gonna give us four arms?"

Katarina chuckled fondly at Jay's behavior, and helped Lloyd get down safely. "I'm pretty sure Wu doesn't have tea that can do that." Then she thought for a moment. "At least, I think so."

Everyone walked toward the tea shop.

"Sadly, no magical tea today. I had to sell the rest of the merchandise along with everything else." On the front doors, there was a big red X.

Everyone gasped. "What? You sold your business?"

"But that was for your retirement." Katarina said.

Cyrus Borg opened the doors. He smiled kindly at the Ninja, Misako and Wu. "Ah! Hello again, ninja."

"While we were away, I had Borg use the money from the tea farm to create us some new toys to balance the scales. They are expensive, you know." Wu explained.

"It's been so long, I hardly recognize any of you. Lloyd looks older. I see a Water Ninja. A titanium Ninja. Then there's a Purple Ninja. Cole is a...a ghost? Huh?" Cyrus Borg laughed nervouly. "Jay looks shorter. And...and then there's Kai."

"Hey, what do you mean I look shorter?" Jay said, clearly offended.

"I'm sorry, Dr. Borg, but cut to the chase. We don't have much time." Kai said impatiently, eager to get into the action.

"Yes, always the impatient one. Come, let me show you." Borg wheeled into the tea shop and pressed a button. In the center, the tea shop symbol moved down and split in half. Four vehicles revealed themselves as they went up to the surface.

"If you want a little muscle with that hustle, I've made Jay a lightning-fast Ghost Taker GT. Front spectral intake, rear incorporeal storage."

Jay giggled excitedly, and he jogged to the blue vehicle. "Oh, why did the Ghost cross the street? Oh, I don't know, maybe 'cause he saw me coming in that!" He jumped into his new car and started it up, and already began driving it around the tea shop.

"Zane's Ice Mech. Sure it appears to be the same, but I've equipped the underarms with deepstone  particle shooters, allowing you to freeze the competition."

"Super cool. And I mean quite literally." Zane said. He jumped into his mech.

"Cole, I've made you a Ghost Cycle. Twin carbine blasters, auto-evasive handling. Made entirely of Deepstone, perfectly molded to fit the, erm...bodiless. And I've set all the radio presets to your favorite - Soft rock."

Cole steadly climbed into his cycle. "I do love a slow jam." He pressed a button and a song of his favorite genre. He smiled.

"And for you, Kai." Borg gave him a red headband. Kai raised an eyebrow.

"A headband."

"A personal embroidered headband. Thirty-two thread count, easy tie capabilities. I apologize. I lost track of the time building the other vehicles." Borg apologized. He turned to face Lloyd and Katarina. "Eh, same goes for you, Lloyd. To be honest, I wasn't entirely sure you'd be making it back. And I apologize for not making you a vehicle, Katarina."