The Hands of Time: Chapter 3 - Scavengers

A/N: Sorry for not posting last week. SBAC testing was a pain in my ass last week, so I didn't have the time. But my four day weekend is coming up so hopefully I'll be able to squeeze a couple more chapters out during that time. 

Cole, Jay, Katarina and Kai were outside in the training yard. Nya was busy trying to figure out how to get Zane back online, while Lloyd stayed into the temple with Misako and Wu.

Kai and Nya informed them about what happened at the musuem yesterday. Katarina wished she knew sooner, a lot sooner about Sanders and Krux, but what can she do about it?

She sat crossed-legged on the ground, away from the training bots and Cole throwing punches at Jay. She needed to figure out what was going on with Wu.

His condition was deteriotating. He'd been in bed for days. Whatever happened at monastery between him and Acronix must've done something to her mentor, but what?

She needed answers. She stood up, quickly. Screw training, this was definitely more important.

She teleported inside the temple, near Wu's room. The door was open. She heard Wu and Misako talking to each other. She kept quiet.

"And at the monastery, Acronix hit me with what he called the 'Time Punch.' Now I'm rapidly aging. I would estimate one day every hour. The effect is accelerating and will continue to do so until—"

She heard Lloyd's footsteps coming towards Wu's room. She teleported away, and seconds later, she was back outside.

So that's what happened. He was aging quickly, and there was no way to stop it.

Her magic glowed in her hands.

Unless...

"What are you doing?" The voice asked her in a hushed whisper.

"I'm going to find a spell to save Wu." She answered.

"What if your magic does something much worse? What if-?"

"He won't die. Not on my watch."

"You're so stubborn. You didn't get it from that family of yours, but you definitely learned how to be from Garmadon."

"Wu is rapidly aging. Only he and Misako know about this, and they don't know I know about it."

"Just how do you plan to do that, hm? By making him immortal?"

"What are you talking about? There's no spell that can make anyone immortal." Katarina said, confused.

"You really don't know, do you?" The voice hummed. "Figured. Guess Artemis wasn't entirely honest with you."

"Artemis said we were cursed with immortality. They were telling me the truth, they wouldn't lie to me!"

"Are you sure about that, Katarina? "

"Hey Katarina!" Kai's voice broke through her thoughts. Katarina snapped out of it. Her magic disappeared from her hands. "Didn't you hear what I said?"

She shook her head. "Sorry, I didn't. Lost in my thoughts. You know, Wu and everything."

"Yeah, that's okay." He patted her shoulder. "As I was saying, me, Cole and Jay are planning to capture one of those snake warriors and bring them back here for Wu to question."

"Also, I just wanna fight and kick butt." Cole chimed in.

"That plan won't work." Lloyd said, walking down the steps.