Possession: Chapter 5 - The Temple on Haunted Hill

The bus finally stopped at the Haunted Temple. A woman named Patty led her tour group in front of the temple.

"Welcome to Yang's Haunted Temple, the historical landmark and former home of Sensei Yang, the notorious sensei without a pupil, infamous for creating the lost martial art of Airjitzu."

The Ninja glanced at a statue carved into the deceased sensei.

"Unfortunately, we can't take our tour groups inside, for rumors say anyone trapped inside its walls at sunrise, will be turned into a Ghost permanently. But, if you listen closely, maybe we'll be able to hear the Ghost of Sensei Yang himself looking for his lost pupils." Patty explained.

"I HOPE IT'S NOT A RUMOUR, FOR IT'S OUR ONLY HOPE!" Zane yelled to the tour guide. Cole winced at the sudden loud volume screaming into his eardrums.

He awkwardly laughed at the crowd looking in the Ninjas' direction. "Sorry about my loud friend. He's a little hard of hearing."

The tour guide cleared her throat and continued speaking to the crowd.

"I thought you said you fixed him?" Katarina whispered to Jay.

"At least he's no longer talking backwards. I guess my tinkering got his volume level stuck." Jay laughed lightly.

"AT LEAST YOU CAN UNDERSTAND ME NOW!" Zane yelled.

"Well, from now on, only speak if you have something really important to say." Cole told Zane.

"Who put you in charge?" Kai said.

"I did. After you guys mucked it up, it's my turn to be in charge. And, like me, I like my plans simple. We sneak in, learn Airjitzu from the Ghost of Sensei Yang, then get out before sunup." Cole explained.

"Since Morro already knows Airjitzu, we just have to hope he hasn't figured out the next clue." Kai sighed hopefully.

"Well, the sun is setting, which means we should head back to the bus. Wouldn't want anyone to turn into a Ghost." The tour guide said, leading everyone back to the bus. The crowd laughed lightheartedly.

At nightfall, Katarina teleported herself and her friends back to the Haunted Temple. They made sure there were no security guards around, and went to a window to try and pry it open. However, Zane easily opened the front door, letting Katarina and Kai go in before he did.

Jay and Cole laughed before following the nindroid inside.

But as they did, the doors locked.

Jay fiddled with the locks on another door, and the door opened, leading to another room. Cole walked around, until he came up to a spider. He startled.

"Relax. If this place is truly haunted, we just need to wait until he shows himself." Kai ssured him.

"He should've been here by now." Jay said.

"You heard the tour guide, if we're not out by sunup, we'll be Ghosts." Cole said to his friends, clearly frightenened.

Kai laughed. "You didn't buy into that malarkey, did you?"

"C'mon, Cole. That's just some made-up stuff the tour guide cooked up just to 'scare' us." Katarina joined in, putting air quotes around the word scare.

"Hey, I don't wanna be a Ghost. Who wants to be a Ghost? Why didn't anyone warn us this place would get so creepy after dark?" Cole continued, now scared out of his mind.

"Remind me again why we agreed to put the guy afraid of Ghosts in charge?" Jay said.

Zane picked up a book and showed it to Jay. "LISTEN TO THIS!"