Hands of Time: Chapter 6 - Secrets Discovered

A/N: Before you continue on with this chapter, please know that Artemis goes by they/them pronouns and Dawn goes by she/her pronouns, as they will be talked about in the first part of this chapter. Please respect that. I just wanna say this, just in case you guys assume both of their pronouns in the comments. Thank you, and enjoy this chapter. 

That night, the Ninja decided to it was time for Katarina to explain to everyone what Krux had been yelling out to her during her confrontation with him. 

She sighed. "Fine. Guess I owe you guys an explanantion." 

The Ninja looked at her expectantly. 

"Well....for starters, I'm immortal." 

They blinked. Jay let out a small laugh. "You aren't immortal....right?"

"I have no data on any known people who possess immortality." Zane said. 

"That's because no one in the history of Ninjago has ever had immortality, bud." She said. "No one except me, but the historians don't know that."

"If you are immortal, that explains the painting back at the museum and how you know so much about those two." Nya said. 

"You also mentioned back at the Tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master. Something about you being cursed." Kai reminded Katarina. 

"That I did. You see, before I met Wu and Garmadon, I had an older sister Dawn, and another older sibling Artemis. Dawn was incredibly toxic towards me and Artemis. Artemis, on the other hand, was the best sibling ever, always having my back and taught me about some magic. But then Iranawayandneverlookedback." She said the words 'I ran away and never looked back' very quickly. 

"You did what?" Jay said, but she continued. 

"Anyways! Before I came here, me, my sister, and my sibling were cursed with immortality. Well, Artemis broke the news to me, and they said they don't know how this happened. It just happened one day. Weird that they didn't go into the details."

"Yeah, so weird." Nya commented sarcastically.

"So, yeah, I'm immortal and I'm being forced to live forever even though I don't wanna because immortality fucking sucks for me and I didn't even ask for it and I fucking hate it."

Everyone gave her a worried glance, before Lloyd said, "Krux kept saying Morningstar. Why is that?"

She turned her attention to him. "Well, that's because it's my last name. My biological last name."

"Well, it sounds like a nice last name." Kai said. 

She nodded in agreement. "Yes, Kai, it does. But when you've lived in a toxic household for 24 years, you'd wanna forget about it and ditch that last name and take it with you to your grave."

He nodded. "Good point."

"That's why I was so eager to become a Garmadon when Lloyd's father adopted me 171 years ago."

Everyone in the room blinked for a few moments. 

"Wait, how old are you?" Cole asked slowly. 

"Erm....I'm 195 years old." She said nervously. 

"WHAT?!"

She blinked, clearly not surprised by the sudden outburst from her friends. "What? Were you all expecting me to be a thousand years old or something?"

At 3:00 am, everyone was in the old dojo that Garmadon used before. Lloyd was pacing around like mad. Everyone sat down, looking at him worriedly.