Tournament of Elements : Chapter 9 - The Forgotten Element

"Bring in the prisoners!" Clouse called over the cultists. Zugu pulled a lever, and the door lifted open. A group of cultists on either side of the remaining fighters and Ninja, who were handcuffed by vengestone and were being lead towards their fate.

"So the ninja were right. This was never about any of us winning the tournament .This was always about something sinister." Turner finally realized.

Shade scoffed at his realization. "What gave that away? Was it his cult following, or the giant snake head?" He said to the Master of Speed sarcastically.

"We've been fighting each other for so long, it took us all losing to finally pull us together." Neuro said sadly. Jay just hummed. "Too bad it's too late."

Kai was already irritated by Jay's humming, and it angered him. "Why are you humming?! You do know they're about to take our powers!"

"Since these cursed shackles have blocked our powers, I choose to use the power of positive thinking. Lloyd and Katarina will come save us. You just wait." Jay said confidently.

After they were all brought down onto the platform in front of Clouse and Skylor, she looked away with shame and regret.

"Go ahead and look away, but you know as well as I do after he takes our powers, he's still gonna need yours." Kai told Skylor.

"You don't understand. My father gets everything he wants. I had no choice." She tried to explain to him, hoping he would understand her current situation.

"Just tell me one thing. Was it his idea to make me fall for you, or yours? Because it worked."

She gasped, then a small smile crossed her lips. She slightly blushed at his words.

The cultists forced the group to get kneel down. There was cheering, and Ninja and the fighters saw Chen sitting on his chair, floating. The chair got down in front of them. Chen looked at the struggling Elemental Masters, and smirked.

"You may have us, but you still don't have the Green Ninja and his sister." Jay told Chen.

Chen just scoffed with a chuckle. "Ah, yes. I bet right now they'll swoop down to save you in the very last moment and teach me a valuable lesson. Well, I'll wait. I love lessons."

A moment of silence followed, waiting for something that'll never happen. Finally, he said " That's enough. I'm bored. But here's a lesson: don't be a sore loser." He pointed his Staff of Elements at the remaining Elemental Masters. "Only one can remain!"

The Staff used the power of Ice on the Elemental Masters, before sucking out all of their Elemental power. Everyone yelled in pain as their power was being stolen from them. Chen laughed maniacally.

"The power is mine. All mine!"

"They-They never came." Jay said to himself sadly.

"Take them to the factory!" Chen ordered the cultists.

Before they were taken away, Skylor glanced at Kai before saying to her father " Father, please, spare Kai. I've seen inside his head. He's different. He can help you."

"You like the boy, don't you? If it will make you happy. Leave the red one." He ordered the cultist standing nearest to Kai. The cultist removed his chains, and the rest of the cultists took the Elemental Masters and Jay to the factory.

Outside of the palace, Nya, Katarina, Lloyd and Garmadon stood in the greenery, out of the cultists' sight. " He knows me and Katarina coming. But I can't just hide here and do nothing."

" We have to wait until nightfall. There's too many." Nya told Lloyd.

" And then what? Every minute we're out here, he grows more powerful and-"