Hands of Time: Chapter 7 - Pause and Effect

"...And if we do this right, we can find Master Wu, save Cyrus Borg, rescue everyone who was kidnapped, and stop Krux and Acronix. But it'll take stealth, concentration, and precise execution." Lloyd finished explaining to Jay, Zane Cole and Katarina. 

An hour ago, they went back into the tunnels and Lloyd and Katarina laid out a map, and they all started laying out a plan to save Wu and Borg, and stop the Time Twins. 

"And where does the slug fit in?" Jay asked. 

"What slug?" Lloyd asked with a raised eyebrow. 

"I'm guessing the one on Cole's shoulder." Katarina said, pointing to a giant slug resting on Cole's armored shoulder plate. 

Cole screamed. "Ew! Ew! Ew! It's so big! So gross!" As he danced around trying to get the slug off, Jay, Lloyd, Zane and Katarina laughed. It wasn't long before Cole squeamishly flicked it off a safe distance away from him. 

Nya and Kai walk up to the group. "Hey, guys. What'd we miss?" 

"Cole freaking out over a slug." Jay laughed. 

"And Lloyd and Katarina laying out the plan of attack." Zane added. 

"Hehe. But mostly Cole freaking out."

Lloyd cleared his throat. "As I was saying, Zane will use his sensors to locate Cyrus Borg while Jay and Cole rescue the workers from the warehouse. Me and Katarina get Master Wu, who's probably in the holding cell. Kai and Nya, you have the toughest job; Locating Krux and Acronix. So you take the map."

He handed the map to Kai. Nya nodded. "We can do that. Right, Kai?"

"Barracks, holding cell..." Kai began reading off the map. 

She cleared her throat to get his attention. "Kai?"

"That's the mess hall and...what's this—"

"Kai!"

He startled and looked at his sister. "What? Yeah, yeah, we got it. Let's go!"

Katarina nodded. "Remember, stealth is key. Everyone knows what they're doing?"

Everyone said their affirmations of agreement. 

"Oh, yeah. I know exactly what I'm doing." Kai muttered. 

"Good luck. No pressure, but all of Ninjago is depending on us." Lloyd said. 

"Right. No pressure at all, then." Katarina muttered sarcastically. 

By then, they all entered the swamps. 

Cole and Jay were hiding behind a rock that led to a warehouse. 

"Hm, I don't think we can go in the front door." Cole said, eyeing the Vermillion in the surrounding area. 

"Well, you know, we can, but I doubt fighting half the Vermillion warriors is good for Lloyd's stealth plan." Jay said. 

After running hastily past the Vermillion group, Cole activated a grappling and they both started climbing. 

Before Jay could make it to the top, the grappling hook lost its grip. Jay gasped and starting panicking immediately. He was about to be in the center of very large armored Vermillion warriors. 

"Not good, not good, not good, not good."

Cole immediately dove in and grabbed the grapping hook. He started reeling Jay up before he could be spotted. 

Finally, they were both at the top and standing before a skylight. 

"Gotta love skylights. Nobody ever thinks to guard them." Cole smiled. He carefully lifted up a window pane. They both gasped.