Skybound: Chapter 8 - The Way Back

Katarina, under Nadakhan's control, was at the altar. With Nadakhan's trusted crewmates, and Clancee as the priest. Nadakhan was standing on Clancee's right.

She sat next to Flintlocke. She wanted to sit alone, but something about this man made her feel like she should allow him to.

When the doors opened, there stood Nya, in a white wedding gown with blue flowers sewn at the hem. The wedding dress had to be altered, because it used to be the captain's mother's dress.

But she looked beautiful, no doubt. She smiled.

Though something in the back of her mind told her otherwise.

"If he marries her on Djinn land, he'll get infinite wishes."

Her red eyes flickered. She blinked. When she looked at Nya again, the Water Ninja was nervous. Extremely nervous.

She didn't want to go through with this.

As she walked slowly down the aisle, all eyes were on her. "Come on, Jay. Where are you?" She whispered under her breathe, as she attempted to keep her eye contact with Nadakhan.

"She's beautiful." Dogshank said with an admiring tone, as she admired Nya from where she sat.

"And slower than molasses dripping uphill." Flintlocke noted. Katarina couldn't help but nod.

"Yeah, she looks amazing."

By the time Nya had reached Nadakhan, he took her by the hand. Clancee opened the book in front of him. "I h-h-hereby d-d-declare from here until e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-eternity, that this holy temple in which you are married, shall stand the test of time."

As Clancee spoke, Nya kept her eye on the door, hoping, praying, that Jay would come to her rescue.

"You keep looking at the door." Nadakhan noted, tugging at her wrist. "You said you would stand by my side, Delara."

That's right, she did say that, dammit.

"Do you, Nadakhan, son of the King Khanjikhan, take this girl as your wife?"

Nadakhan nodded. "Aye."

"And do you, Nya," He shot Clancee a glare, forcing Clancee to correct himself. "D-D-Delara, t-t-take him as your husband? To make him all-powerful, freed from the restrictions of love, harm, and added wishes, so sayeth Djinn law?"

Nya didn't want to say yes. "Uh, can you give me a minute to think about it?"

Nadakhan took out his pistol and aimed it at Nya's head. "She meant to say 'aye'. Now finish the ceremony to make it official." He looked at Katarina. "Barricade the doors. Let no one in. Continue."

She nodded and snapped her fingers. Within seconds, a purple lock with chains went in front of the door.

"And under the watchful eye of this seventh sun, may this crown codify this renewal today and years to come." Clancee continued. As he went on, explosions came from the other side. In a burst of elemental power, the door blasted open, revealing the Ninja.

"...and by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you all-powerful." A sick, twisted laugh came from the captain. An orange glow surrounded him as he laughed. Nya and her friends could only look at him in horror.

Cole gasped. "Ugh, we're too late."

"Do it, Jay!" Zane commanded him. Jay nodded and ran towards the djinn.

"I wish Nadakhan wasn't—!"

Nadakhan turned around and sneered at the Lightning Ninja. "I wish you wouldn't say that." In a snap, something came over Jay's mouth. It was a strip of metal, and no matter how hard he tried, it wouldn't come off.