Skybound: Chapter 7 - The Last Resort

That night, after going back to the ship, Nadakhan tried to enforce his control over Katarina. Then he and his crew attacked the city in search for Jay and Nya. But they weren't there, at least not anymore.

Until Nadakhan decided to acquire the Commissioner and some of his detectives, throwing them in the sea after forcing them to tell them Jay and Nya's locations. But before he did, the detectives let it slip about the Tiger Widow Venom.

Nadakhan hummed. "So they do have the poison." He chuckled. "What possibly for? Are they trying to set up a trap?"

"All the more reason to stick with the plan." Flintlocke spoke up. The captain turned around to face him. "This nonsense with the girl, it was never supposed to be about her. When we started this journey, it was about making a home for us. Well, you're strong enough now, and you've done that. You gave us . We control the skies. We've won, Nadakhan!"

The crew cheered in response. "But when will it be enough?"

"Enough?!" Nadakhan brought out his sword. The blade glowed threateningly. Flintlocke and some of the crew flinched. "It will never be enough!You ungrateful ingrates. Before you met me, you all were nothing. I granted your wishes, I took you in, I made you the most feared pirates that have ever roamed the seas."

Then his tone was strangely calm. "So I promise you this; Those who help me complete the Djinn marriage ceremony will receive everything they have ever dreamed of."

"But how can we trust you? With the power of infinite wishes, it's just as easy to get rid of us." Flintlocke argued. "Katarina's right, were you lying to us this whole time?!"

Katarina's eyes widened in response. She silently gasped.

Nadakhan narrowed his eyes. " What are you accusing me of?"

"I guess what I'm getting around to is...." Flintlocke swiftly brought out his pistol and pointed it at the captain. "Consider this a mutiny!"

Nadakhan laughed. "Oh. I see you've forgotten. You can't shoot straight."

There was now a feared look on the pirate pilot's face. "Now stop right there. I'm not joking."

"Go ahead, let's see what kind of aim you have at point-blank." Flintlocke fired his gun at the captain, who edged closer and closer. Nothing seemed to be happening, dammit. Nadakhan used his sword to knock the gun out of his hand and force him onto the ground.

A yell came up from behind Nadakhan. He turned around to find Katarina, her eyes back to normal. Her daggers were in her hands and she had jumped into the air, reeling her fist back. But before she could anything, something caught in her throat. Her draggers dropped to the floor with a loud clatter.

"You stubborn fool." Katarina struggled against his grip, trying to loosen it. "You really think you could stop me?!"

A strangled scream escaped her throat as his grip became a little tighter.

"I should've finished you off when I had the chance. But then I wouldn't get the chance to force you to turn you against your friends. It's too bad my control over you is a little..."

Another strangled screamed.

"Diluted."

Magic electricity crackled between her fingertips. She was attempting to electrocute Nadakhan. But it disappeared just as quick.

"You can't even try to stop me, can you?" He growled. "You must be so scared. Pathetic!"

A punch was delivered straight into ther gut. She gasped. As she dropped to the floor, dark spots danced around her vision. Something hit her back. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head and her head hit the floor.