Tournament of Elements: Chapter 5 - Versus

It's all your fault.

You don't deserve forgiveness.

Why don't you just give up and give into me already? It worked so well last time.

Katarina woke up with a start as her alarm began ringing. She groaned and fumbled around until she pressed the button to turn it off. Stupid nightmare, why did it have to bother her now?

After she put on her gi, brushed all the tangles out of her hair, and put her hair up in a ponytail, she walked out of her suite. She didn't hear nor realize Turner had gone up beside her, a smile on his face.

"Morning Kat!" He greeted her. She startled and looked beside her. She tiredly waved.

"I hope we go up against some of the fighters today. I'm planning on using my speed while landing some blows, you know." He said, throwing a few punches in the air. She nodded and hummed, tiredly listening to how he was going to take down the fighters until they got to the Chow House. She then spotted Lloyd and Kai up ahead.

"I'm sure whatever you plan on doing is going to go well. Though depending on the powers we're going up against, your plan may not always work, it's worth a shot, I guess." She said to Turner. "I'm going to talk with some friends I made yesterday. I'll see you later, Turner."

Turner watched her run off to the two Ninja and narrowed his eyes behind his crimson red sunglasses. He wondered if she was with the Ninja, because of her robes, and her running to the Ninja made him suspicious. But she was his friend, right?

"Good morning, you two." Katarina greeted Lloyd and Kai, who both smiled at her. "Did you guys sleep well?"

"Not really," Lloyd said, letting out a yawn and grabbing a tray.

"Me neither." Kai chimed in. "Too rattled by last night's events."

"I barely slept at all either." She said and grabbed her own tray. "I don't what we're being served, but whatever it is, it's not good."

"Well, I know what we're being served; A whole bunch of baloney." The cultist put food onto his tray as he murmured. "This isn't a fighting tournament. This is an alibi for Chen to steal all our powers. But we still don't know why."

"Isn't it obvious? Chen wants to destroy New Ninjago City. I don't know what it is, but that place has had a string of bad luck." Kai said.

"I'm not so sure. From what Sensei G's told us about him, I have a feeling it's something far more sinister." Cole chimed in.

"And may I remind you, we still don't know where Zane is, which is why we all need to take care of our first rounds to give us more time. "Cole turned his head to look at Jay, and his mouth hung open when Cole saw him still dressed in his pajamas. "Which is why we all need to take care of our first rounds to give us more time. "Don't look at me, I've already moved on. Either way, it's my day off."

Cole and Jay started walking away from the line to join the others. "Taking a day off? And here I thought Ninja never quit." Cole scoffed.

"And I used to think a Ninja wouldn't steal your girlfriend!" Jay shot back.

"Whatever you have to say to each other, say it now, because harboring grudges hurts no one but yourselves," Garmadon advised the arguing Ninja.

"He's right. You should be preparing to fight your next opponent, not each other." Lloyd said.