Skybound: Chapter 3 - I Have You Right Where I Want You

Katarina bit back another yell as Nadakhan hit her again. She clenched her fists in her vengestone chains, and her chest heaved in and out.

"I can make the pain go away, Katarina," Nadakhan said. She weakly lifted her head up to meet his eyes. "Just make your wish, and I will be more than happy to grant it."

She glared at him. "I will never wish for anything from you, smarta-!" Another hit to her gut sent her screaming before she had time finishing her sentence.

The djinn scowled at her, and forced her to look his up with his top left hand. "I must say, you've got quite the tongue there, ninja. You're lucky I'm not going to cut it off."

She growled in response. He shoved her head away.

Footsteps entered the room she was dragged in. "Nadakhan, some of the crew wants to speak to ya about the ship going airborne."

Nadakhan sighed and floated away, but not before sending Katarina a glare. She glance at the figure, who appeared to still be standing in his position. He had a mustache and flight goggles, and the attire of both a flight pilot and a pirate. He looked at her, noting her current state.

"I'm Flintlocke," Flintlocke greeted her. "Pleasure to make your aquanttaince, miss."

She didn't return his greeting. He cleared his throat when a few silent moments passed. "You're not much of a talker, ain't ya? Didn't seem like the case to me when the captain's in here with ya."

No answer. No remark. No nothing.

That wasn't concerning at all.

"Are you okay? You don't look too good."

"No shit."

A reply.

"Nadakhan's trying to break you, I can see that. That's what happens when you're prisoner aboard Misfortune's Keep." Flintlocke explained.

Katarina huffed. "I know that. Why else would he be trying to break every bone in my body?"

He hummed. "I think I know the reason why." She looked up to meet his eyes. "You haven't made a single wish yet. Nadakhan hates you and your friends, that's why he's doing this to you."

She scoffed. "I'll never make a single wish to that bastard."

"Trust me, little missy, you will be once you can't handle it anymore."

"I've had worse things done to me, I know my limits when I can't handle shit."

"Would you consider this your limits then, ninja?" Her eyes widen when Nadakhan's voice chimed in on the conversation. He floated into the room, this time bringing in Dogshank and Two-Face.

She laughed. "Hm, I don't think so. Sorry, you're gonna have to try harder."

Nadakhan huffed. "Have it your way." He gestured Dogshank and Two-Face to her. "You know what to do with her."

Later that night, Flintlocke looked both ways for any sign of his crewmates before quietly opening the door to one of the rooms. He went in and quietly closed the door behind him.

He looked at the figure in the room. She'd fallen to the floor by the time Dogshank and Two-Face were done with her. Nadakhan had escorted him out of the room, saying that he should be maintaining the ship instead.

"Katarina?" He spoke nervously. She didn't move a muscle nor replied. "I...got something for your wounds. I'm going to treat them, if that's alright."

No reply.

He walked over to her and turned her over. She was beaten up pretty badly, but nothing severe. She had bruises all over her body and a few large cuts on her lower chest. He took her vengestone cuffs off her wrist and ankles. He was about to treat her, when she opened her eyes and punched him in the face.

Flintlocke yelped loudly, as Katarina weakly stood up. She ran for the door, when he pulled out his pistol. "Stop right there, little missy, or I'll be forced to shoot you."

She turned around and summoned enough magic to knock his pistol out of his hand, but not before a gunshot hit the wall beside her. She startled, and quickly opened the door.

She ran down the corridors as best as she could as he yelled, "THE NINJA'S ESCAPING! AFTER HER!"

She made a sharp right turn, and sprinted down the hallway. She ran up the stairs and slammed the door open. The deck was unsually empty for some reason. But that didn't matter. She needed to get out of there.

She sprinted down the deck, ready to swim in the ocean.

But her plans were shot when she looked down.

The ship wasn't at sea. It was airborne.

"What the?" Laughter came from behind her. She swiftly turned around to meet the crew. She glared at them.

"I see you're not liking your current predicament," Nadakhan said through all the laughter. "Do you like it? I got the inspiration from your ship."

So what if they're airborne? She can just use her dragon and she'll be home free.

She tried to summon her dragon, but it wasn't working due to her lack of energy and how weak she was.

"And since I knew you were an Elemental Master and a magic user, I made sure Dogshank and Two-Face weakened you so you wouldn't be able to summon your dragon and use your magic."

Katarina scowled. The djinn knew what he was doing, dammit.

Nadakhan chuckled. "And now I have you right where I want you." She raised an eyebrow in confusion.

The djinn raised his upper right hand.

Her eyes widen in fear.

The djinn smirked.

She furrowed her eyebrows at him. "What are you-?!"

And snapped his fingers.

Her eyes flickered from brown to red. She fell to her hands and knees, gasping for air as she tried to fight off whatever he was doing to her.

What was he doing to her?

Was he going to finish her off right then and there?

She didn't even know anymore.

The djinn floated right in front of her. She looked up, angered and in immense pain.

She was going to die, without saying goodbye to her friends and her brother. The people in the world who made her felt like she belonged.

She was going to miss them.

She wished she could've made more memories with her family.

Guys, Lloyd. I'm so sorry. I wish we could've had more time.

He smirked and chuckled. "Sweet dreams, Katarina."

A few moments later, her body was on the deck, completely unconscious.