Tournament of Elements: Chapter 4 - Below the Surface

Katarina went to the balcony of her Form Suite. She had told Garmadon about her conversation with Lloyd, and she thinks her adoptive brother will give her a shot. Well, she couldn't say for certain right now, but he had invited her to join in on the Ninja's plan to find out Chen's plan. It's a start.

She looked at the clock in her room. It was midnight. Good thing she knew where the Ninjas' suites were.

She stepped on the railing of her balcony, put her mask over her face, and skillfully jumped from balcony to balcony to get to the Fire Suite. She saw the Lightning Ninja, and she was about to jump next to him when she heard a yell of surprise from him.

She was very confused why he was hanging below the Fire Ninja's balcony until she realised he was talking to somebody in the next room. A few minutes later, he pretended to go inside until he though they were no longer there, and pulled the Blue Ninja onto his balcony.

She jumped down, surprising everyone. She pulled her mask down. "Hi, I hope I'm not late."

"No, you're just in time." Lloyd said to her. "Katarina, these are my friends; Kai, Jay and Cole."

"So you're Lloyd's sister? You two don't look like you're related." Jay said.

"I'm adopted." She corrected him. "So, what are your powers?"

"Fire." Kai ignited his hand on fire, encasing it in a bright orangey-yellow flame.

"Lightning." Jay said. Electricity danced out of his hands.

"Earth." Cole shot rocks towards the balcony.

"And Energy." Lloyd showed her a small, bright green orb in his hands. "What's yours?"

"Form." Katarina shapeshifted into Jay for a moment before turning back. "And magic, although my magic isn't an Elemental power."

"That's explains what you did in my room earlier." He wondered aloud.

"You guys must be with my dad. I saw you three earlier and assumed you guys are a team because of your robes."

"Is it really that obvious we're a team?" Jay asked, looking down at his robe. He spotted the one she was wearing. "Erm, you're wearing the same robe as us. Guess that means you're part of the team now, huh?"

She took a quick glance at her robe. "Oh yeah, I didn't realize that-"

"She's not a part of our team, and definitely not Zane's replacement! We came here to find Zane and bring him back home, remember?!" Lloyd interjected.

The four of them stared at Lloyd until Kai cleared his throat. "Then why did you bring Katarina along?"

"To help you guys find out what Chen's plan is," Katarina spoke for Lloyd when he didn't provide an answer. "Knowing Chen, he's probably got his reasons for summoning all these Elemental Masters to this secluded island."

"Well, it was almost impossible to get here. This place is swarming with guards. Any ideas on how we search the island?" Jay asked the others. Cole had climbed on Kai's bed moments before, lying down comfortably on it.

"We travel by shadow. Cover every square inch of this place until we find him." Kai said.

She nodded at the idea. "Okay, we just have to be careful not to get caught by any of the guards. If we're spotted, they'll take us to Chen and Clouse, and I don't want to find out what happens next."

Cole let out a yelp of surprise.

"The island's big. We need to split up." Jay said.

"No, we need to stick together." Lloyd objected.