Possession: Chapter 4 - Forgotten Letter

The Ninja were sitting on a bus headed for Yang's haunted temple. From what Kai told them, there was apparently Sensei Yang's ghost haunting the temple, and will give them the Scroll of Airjitzu. 

Katarina didn't want to believe it, but this was their only shot at learning Airjitzu. 

So, haunted temple? Sure, why not. 

She tiredly looked out the window of the bus. Jay was almost done tinkering with Zane's voice box, Cole was taking a nap, and Kai appeared to be thinking. 

She looked at the frame in her hands. She had stolen it back from the pawn shop, not wanting it there any longer. She was curious how it ended up there in the first place. Maybe Ronin thought it held some value?

She scoffed quietly. Yeah, that didn't make any sense. 

The frame was almost on the verge of being broken in half, and the glass was cracked all over. She could fix it with her magic, with her wound almost being healed by now. 

She turned the frame around, and opened the lid. It opened and she took out the photo. She was surprised by the perfect condition the photo was in. 

She held the photo up to her face level to get a closer look. As she did, she noticed something was behind the photo. 

She turned the photo around, and saw there was something written at the back of the photo. It appeared to be written by her father Garmadon. There was a message written, and she read it slowly and carefully. 

My daughter,

I know you aren't here at the Monastery anymore. I wish I know where you are right now. I feel like writing to you will make it feel like you are here again.

I'm sorry for throwing the frame in a fit of rage. I tried fixing it, but I couldn't due to the tears blurring up my vision.

Wu has become despondent since you left. I tried to get him to look for you with me. He did with me once, but he gave up after that.

I don't want to give up on you. You never gave up on anyone, especially me and Wu. I wonder if you leaving meant that you've given up on yourself. 

I hope there comes a day when I can see you again. Please come back. We really miss you.

- Your father, Garmadon.

Tears pricked at her eyes, and she quickly blinked them away before anyone noticed. She used her magic to fix the glass and the wooden frame. She smiled sadly. 

"I fixed for you, Dad." She whispered sadly.