Hands of Time: Chapter 5 - The Attack

A/N: Hey guys. Sorry this took so long to get out, my allergies got the best of me for the past two days so I was pretty out of it and I didn't feel like doing much of anything. So thank fuck allergy meds were invented.

Also, there's a bit of foreshadowing in here towards the end of this chapter - and probably throughout the rest of the book? - that suggests something's gonna happen in Sons of Garmadon in Book 2.

"You need to talk to him," were Cole's words that very next morning. "You guys were the best of friends...er, family...whatever relationship you and Wu had a long time ago."

"Just...friends will suffice." Katarina supplied.

"Anyway, whatever tension you and Wu have between each other needs to be solved right here, right now." He nudged her toward Wu's room. "So go and talk to him. When was the last time you two had a proper conversation with each other?"

She sighed. "Okay, fine, I will."

"Good. Now go and be friends again."

Katarina took a deep breathe as she sat beside Wu. "How have you been doing, Wu? Since that battle with Acronix?"

"I have been doing fine," Wu replied. "Just tired, is all."

"Liar." She muttered under her breath.

"What was that?"

"Nothing!" She quickly waved off. "You know, if you were going to battle an old friend, you could've invited me along, just in case."

"You were busy-"

"That's no excuse. He was an old enemy of mine as well, Wu, I don't know what possessed you to go off and face him on your own."

He didn't say anything for that. Then he sighed. "I've....made a grave mistake challenging him on my own."

"Yes, you did."

"But you've had made a grave mistake as well." She looked over at him. "I shouldn't have pushed you away forty years ago when you went beserk."

"Master, I-"

"Hey, I told you guys not to mess around with the Time Blade!" Lloyd's voice rang in the next room.

She sighed. This whole Master thing was really getting to Lloyd these days.

"Katarina, what I'm trying to say is I'm-"

"What skill?! Room-destroying?! This Blade is extremely powerful and highly coveted. Nothing this valuable will be so easily conceded."

Katarina helped Wu up and out of the bed. "Sounds to me like this Master thing is changing Lloyd's personality. A lot. I'm starting to miss the days when he didn't have so much to worry about. Like all he ever used to worry about was training. Now this."

"Do you think I'm expecting too much of Lloyd?" He asked.

"I wouldn't say that. I mean, he is your predecessor and he has to learn how to take charge when...erm...."

"Hey!"

Katarina opened the door for her and Wu. "I see that after victory, some of you have chosen to amuse yourselves. I encourage you not to be so careless. Nothing this valuable will be so easily conceded."

Cole, Jay, and Zane nodded.

"Uh, sorry, Master Wu."

"Well put, Master."

"Well put?!" Lloyd cried out indiginantly. "I just said the exact same thing!"

"Kai, Nya, join. This is important." Kai and Nya stopped what they were doing and joined their friends. Katarina stood beside Lloyd.  "You have had a victory. A well-earned one. But Krux, Acronix, and their forces remain a threat. Do not allow your confidence to cloud your vigilance. I made that mistake once."