Tournament of Elements : Chapter 6 - Ninja Roll

"Skylor, Master of Amber versus Jacob, Master of Sound!"

Jacob carefully played the strings from his sitar, while Skylor pointed her spear at him.

"Fight! Fight!"

"Eenie, meenie, minie, mo. Catch a Jade Blade," She aimed her spear at once of the large vases and threw it, revealing a bow and arrow. "By its toe!"

She ran to claim her weapon, and ran behind one of the vases while Jacob played his sitar, walking around carefully. An arrow harrowingly missed him, and he barely dodged it. He ran and dodged two more, and he hoped onto a pillar. He played his sitar again, this time, playing a sound wave of notes that went higher and higher. She and everyone else covered their ears and ran. This resulted in breaking another large case.

"Master of Sound's gotten stronger since the last time I saw him." Garmadon commented.

Skylor crept behind Jacob and carefully touched his shoulder, absorbing his power. He whipped around, but she hid. He walked over to the broken vase, grabbed three shurikens, and threw them towards her. She jumped in the air and dodged, landing on her side as the last shuriken broke another vase.

Meanwhile, Kai was making his way through the fighters, who were sitting down and intently watching the fight. He was pardoning himself while stepping on their feet, making the Elemental Masters wince in pain. He sat down next to Jay. "Sorry, all these temples look the same. Did I miss anything?"

Jay laughed. "By the looks of it, you didn't miss much." He motioned to the Elemental Masters, holding their feet and shooting nasty, angry looks at the Fire Ninja.

"It's funny how you walked in to the room and you made everyone hate you in mere seconds." Katarina chuckled. Jay laughed, but stopped himself when Kai shot in a look, and replaced his laughter with coughing.

"Maybe we shouldn't be sitting together. I mean, the more they think we're a team, the bigger targets we put on ourselves." Jay said thoughtfully.

"Don't say that! We are a team!" Lloyd said suddenly. "Sure, we just lost Cole and still can't find Zane, but we're a team. Just...smaller. All the more reason to stick together."

"Skylor's fighting?!" Kai said excitedly and hopped out of his seat, making Lloyd stop talking. Kai watched Skylor use the power of Fire, setting Jacob's sitar on fire when he raised it in the air. He gasped and tried to put out the fire as best he could, to no avail.

"What has him so excited?" Garmadon asked.

"He had a crush on her until he found out they may be related." Jay answered with a smile.

"Her element isn't fire. She's the Master of Amber, power of absorption. She can emulate the power of anyone she's touched." Garmadon explained.

"That explains what we saw back in the passageways. Skylor must've absorbed Kai's power during the tournament." Katarina said.

"You're telling me we're not related?" Kai said excitedly, kind of shaking Garmadon by the shoulder. Jay sighed.

"Oh boy, here we go again."

Garmadon looked at Katarina and said, "You were hoping there was someone like you?"

"A little, but I'm not disappointed. I suspected there was something else about Skylor's powers, but I never thought to look into it." She said.

Skylor used the power of Sound to break a nearby vase, which revealed a pea-shooter. Jacob grabbed it, and it hit the bottom of the wall. She stopped in her tracks and snickered. She cartwheeled until Jacob created three more holes in the wall beside her, and she walked carefully. The air coming from the holes were messing up Jacob's powers, which was exactly what she wanted.