Befriending a Smith

Katarina walked through the city, looking around at the people and the buildings. It was nice to see the city develop over the years, and it always fascinated her that mortals could just change themselves and their world. She was glad that the city had been rebuilt, thanks to the people.

But what she was curious about was what had been happening to the city lately. First, the Serpentine came out of their tombs (which was odd, because they were supposed to be sealed away forever), then the Great Devourer had been unleashed unto the city, and had been defeated by Lord Garmadon (which she was sure was her father's doing). Then there were these heroes, called the Ninja, who had been saving the city from time to time. She was curious who they were.

She didn't realize she had been lost in her thoughts until she bumped into a girl. After the initial shock wore off, she looked at the girl and said a little frantically, "I'm so sorry about that. Are you alright?"

The girl she had bumped into was wearing red and gold clothing, and there was a black symbol resembling a Phoenix on her waist. Her hair was short and reached up to her chin, and there was red lipstick on her lips. She was holding a wrench in one of her hands. "I'm okay, thanks. It's fine. Just watch where you're going next time."

Katarina nodded. "Right, I'll keep that in mind." Before she walked away, her eyes drifted over the vehicle in the autobody shop. "Did you build that?"

The girl looked over to see what she was looking at, and shook her head. "Nah, my friends and my brother did, in a junkyard in a few minutes." There was a chuckle that followed from Katarina, and the girl looked at her, confused.

"Alright, don't tell me." Katarina joked. The girl smiled a little and went back to the vehicle she was working on. "What are you doing to it right now?"

"Giving it a few upgrades," The girl replied, a little too quickly. "It got a little banged up and I thought while fixing it, I could just upgrade it while I'm at it. The boys are going to love it, I'm sure!"

"That's great! You must a professional engineer, huh?" Katarina complimented the girl.

The girl looked up at her, and put down the wrench. "I wouldn't say that, but yeah. I built some of my greatest work while my friends were busy doing their own thing."

"Well, I would love to see some of your work sometime. When you're free that is." Katarina said to the girl, who looked over at her and smiled again.

"That'd be great." The girl said happily. "I can't really tell you the address since me and my friends are always moving around, but maybe the next time we see each other again, I can show you."

Katarina nodded in response. "That sounds like a plan, erm..."

"Nya." Nya finished for her. "The name's Nya. What's yours?"

"My name's Katarina." Katarina said.

"Well, I'll see you around, Katarina." Nya said, bidding her goodbye before going back to her work. Katarina firmly nodded and went back to walking on her intended path.

But, something about that girl, Nya, seemed familiar. She just can't put her finger on it.