A New Life

The next day, after the battle at the Corridor of Elders, the Ninja, Misako and Wu took the Bounty that was a near distance away from the city, showing Katarina a tall building.

"This was your father's monastery, Katarina. He trained a group of students here for a while before Nindroids attacked the city." Wu explained to her. She looked at the tall building and smiled.

"What did my father teach his students?" She asked.

"I attended Dad's lessons once, and he showed a way to fight without fighting our enemy." Lloyd answered.

She nodded in understanding. Lloyd was the first to lead her inside the building. The walls and floors were plain and lined with dark-brown, with the occasional candles and writings on either side of a wall.

It was nice and simple. She liked it.

He led her to the left side of the building, where they were met with a small hallway. He opened the sliding door, which led to a large room, which she figured was where they were trained the students.

"This is the training dojo, where me and my friends train." Lloyd told Katarina.

She was then led to the right side of the building, where they were met with a long hallway.

"This is where all our rooms are. I'll show you your room." He said to her, and she nodded. He opened a door on her left.

The room was small, and the walls were a nice shade of brown, along with a nice beige floor. The bed was right in front of her, covered in plain blue sheets. There was a green weapon rack on the right side of her room.

"Is there anything you need, sis?" He asked her. She shook her head in response.

"No, not anything at all. Thank you for the tour, Lloyd." She thanked him. He nodded and smiled.

"No problem."

An uncomfortable silence sat between the two of them for what felt like forever.

Until she asked him, "How are you doing, Lloyd? After, erm..."

Lloyd knew what Katarina was talking about. He had been feeling nothing but sorrow since yesterday, and it hurt him. He knew his sister was feeling the same as he was, having known Garmadon longer than he did.

They hadn't really talked since the events of yesterday.

He shook his head in response to her question, and she got her answer. "What about you?"

"Same here." She replied. She noticed how his body was trembling.

She was about to move her hand to put it on his shoulder and maybe hug him, before he said "If you need anything, just let any one of us know" and he walked away from her room.

She watched him walk away, then turned around to look at her bare room.

She was alone now.

Great.

Your father is gone now.

Your brother must be feeling terrible.

I wonder how you must be feeling right now.

She snapped her eyes opened, and her eyes glowed purple for a brief moment before turning back to their normal eye color.

She blinked. When had she closed her eyes?

That doesn't matter. Neither did the emotions she was feeling at the moment bubbling up to the surface and pricking at her eyes.