Stars

Joshua is drinking hot coffee alone in the house when the maid followed by the police came.

"Are you here to take my statement?"
Joshua asks.

"Joshua Wilderburg, you are under arrest for kidnapping and attempting to kill Kei Wilderburg. Please follow us to the precint peacefully."

"What? What? Wait. This is a misunderstanding! I have an alibi!"
Joshua trembles and the first thing that came to his mind is Jessica.

"Please calm down. You are allowed to call for a lawyer. It's best for you to come with us."

"This is impossible. I'll call Dad!"

Joshua almost call Arthur number. He then swipes and call Ark.

Ark answered.
"Dad, Dad, what is happening? The police are here to take me. I didn't do anything. Did Kei wakes up from his operation and spouting nonesense?"
As Joshua talks, he was convinced. The guy can get more money if he gets rid of him and he might not be able to expose him because what will he say? He planned everything to kill Kei and exchange him with an impostor? He will still be in jail!

"You really have the nerve to call me. I will see you and your mother in court!"

"This is a misunderstanding! Dad!"

"Mr. Wilderburg, come with us."

Joshua gapes and he listlessly follow them.
He already used up all his savings. Truth be told, he even loaned more just to make this operation a success.
He is handcuff  on the back of the police car.

He is hiding his palm over his face.

'What is happening? This shouldn't be happening to me.'

Joshua tries to call his Mom.

"Joshua! What is happening? The police is arresting me! Help me!"

"Mom calm down." Joshua voice is significantly shaken.

"Calm down? Calm down? Are you crazy? They want me to go to the police! Me! You have to do something or else!"

"Or else what? I am also being escorted to the precint!"

"What? Did they....Did they realize?"

"Shut up! Don't talk for now. I'll think of a way."

"Send me a lawyer. I want the best lawyer!"
Krizzy shouted.

Joshua grits his teeth.
He feels like his inside is twisting.
He felt dizzy.

He ended the call witb Krizzy and call Arthur's number.

Arthur saw it and wanted to answer but he saw Kei near the pool rubbing his sleeping exhausted boyfriend's head.
He turned off his phone and sat down. He cried on the sofa and prayed for a miracle.

Joshua slowly felt cornered.
He always think he can do anything. In the end he knows that Arthur will never be ablento turn him down. He is his son that he loves so much.
But now, he realized that many things are different now.

He is sitting down gaping as he felt empty inside.
His phone rings.

"I'll send you a lawyer."

"...."

"You don't have money. Think of it as a favor from your patron~" the guy chuckles.

Joshua clenched his fist and then cover his eyes with his arm. Tears fall down his cheeks.

"If you able to smuggle me out, I'll be your toy as long as you want."

"Haha~ That's more like it."

Joshua smashes his phone down after.