The Ring

Everyone is busy in the Art Center.

Kei went out to take a short break.

"Hey."

Kei looks at Keiro.

"Huh?"

He can't remember being close with this guy.

"Why did you laugh a while back?"

"Huh? Are you picking up a fight with me?" Kei frowns.

"I'm just asking." He looks down then he looks at Kei's face.

"I just seem unable to understand why you laugh at what I said and why Ms. Wilderburg is so upset."

"......I can't tell you or I'll be overstepping Jessica's feelings." Kei points at him.

"But why do you want to know? You often don't mind whatever we talk about and ignore us perfectly fine. Why do you suddenly care?"

Keiro sighs.

"I am not particularly sure."

"Well make up your mind and I'll tell you. A half ass answer like that is just irritating."

Kei takes out a candy. He throws one to Keiro. He wasn't able to catch it with his slow reflex.

It was awkward as they watched the candy roll down.

Kei sighs and puts a candy on his hand.

"Here."

"I don't actually like candy." Keiro said but accepts it.

"Okay." Kei said not caring.

Keiro eats the candy.

After an awkward silence*

"I dream of marrying Miss Wilderburg."

Kei almost swallows the candy. He chokes a bit. Keiro administered first aid.

Kei was able to spit the candy but Jeremy and Jessica are both looking at them with a darkened expression.

Right now, Kei eyes are teary and Keiro are hugging Kei from behind

"Did Kei choke?" Jeremy suddenly asks worriedly.

Keiro moves away from Kei.

"Yes."

Jeremy kisses Kei's forehead.

"You silly thing. Why do you keep choking like that?'

"......." Kei frowns.

"Shut up."

Jessica's heart slowly calms down. But she is still worried so she peeks at Keiro and he is still looking at Kei. She bites her lower lip and clenches her fist.

"It's good that you are fine. We are going to change shifts anyway. Let's go to your party together."

Jessica said, turning away.

Keiro turns around and looks at Jessica.

.

.

.

Jessica is quiet the whole time.

Kei doesn't care and keeps eating sour belt candy.

Jeremy partly understands what is happening in the back of the driver seat but is also unbothered. He is glad Keiro helps Kei but he is still pissed that someone is touching his Kei.