Good Kid

They three are sitting in the seats near the wall. It's a long comfy seat.
They are playing an online game.

"Brownie, you are too quick. Slow down." Kei said.
He never had a smartphone before. Playing games on his phone, only the legendary snake.
He tries playing on PC but it takes time to load the game and he never had much free time with his grandma's strict lifestyle.

The two young brats teach him how to download games and now they are in a party.

"Wait….Ah….How you use the power up again?"

Suddenly an angry old man shouted at him.

'Ehhhhh? What is this old man saying?'

He keeps pressing the hit button.
"Oh… I won!"
He grins and shows it to the old man.

Kei is not sure how they end up playing with the old man.

"Hit! Not there idiot!"

"Grampa, Kei is a beginner. Don't bully him!" Asher pouts.

Kei continues looking at his phone playing.

"Hmp! Beginner. What kind of stupid thing to say as an excuse? If you can't even do this simple thing just play dress up games or coloring games." The old man said, disdaining Kei.

Jack pouts.
"Isn't that too mean to say."

"Oh? I got a new item." Kei said and showed it to the team.
"It says Rare item. Cool." He said.

Sonny looks at Kei who went back to his phone again.

"Well…...Aren't you lucky to get a level 5 rare item?" Sonny smirks sarcastically.

Kei smiles.
"It's so much fun. Smartphones are amazing. Whoever invented this thing? Is it engineers?" Kei gasps.

"I'm pretty sure they are smartphone developers." Asher wryly said.
Their family's business is an electronic company, smartphone and other electronic developings is their expertise."

"Ehh...So cool." Kei said.
"My grandma refused to buy me a smartphone. She said I don't need it and it's expensive." He keeps tapping.
"I wonder if she is vomiting in hell now."

"........Kei, please decide if you are getting sad or making us sad." Asher said.

Kei looks up.
"Eh? Making you sad?"

Jack sniffs and wipes his eyes.
"My dog died too. It's so sad."

"......that is the level you are putting my Grandma? Want me to hit you, brat?" Kei sighs.
He closed his eyes and grins
"My grandma is a very eccentric person. It's not like I don't miss her but I know that being sad won't make her live again so instead I'll live happily for her sake too. Since she brought me up and cared for me. It's just right for me to be happy."
Kei yawns and scratches his head.
"How long will this party be? I'm getting sleepy."

Sonny sighs.
"You got me interested."

"Eh? What? Huh? Sorry Old man, find someone with your own age. I am not saying being gay is bad but aren't the age gap too huge?"

Kei was hit by a cane. It hurts his head.
He remembered his Grandma so badly wanting to hit back but can't.

Sonny sighs again.
"You do deserve to be happy."

Kei hugs his body.
"Old man, not here. The kids will hear. Don't taint their ears."

He was hit again.

Then Sonny walks slowly away.

***

"I think…..Grandpa likes you." Asher said.