Kei Decides

Atlas Roseburn.
38 years old.
A divorced man.
He is short tempered and he dotes on his daughter so much.
His ex-wife remarried and is now living in England with her new husband.

Princess Nichole Sally is his only daughter and though he had a failed relationship, it doesn't make him love his daughter anyless, in the contrary, he wanted to pour all the love he can for her to show her how much he loves her.

Nobody can hurt his daughter. Not on his watch.

Then this guy appeared and made his daughter cry.
How can this bastard hurt her?
He needs to teach him a lesson.
But...why is Princess mad at him?
Why is she not happy?

"My grandmother said. Spoiling a child means their parents don't love them."
Kei said and looked at Atlas.

Atlas glares at him.
"Maybe because your grandmother can't spoil you why she said that."

"True. She can't spoil me. I had a very hard time believing that her discipline is love and not just her being violent. She never stops explaining to me. That to make someone understand, you don't simply give in to what they want. She told me that she loves me, that is why even if it is easier to just give me what I want to shut me up, she kept telling me that it is not good for me and let her get irritated in my crying and shouting for hours."

"What do you want to say? I have no patience with my daughter so I just gave her what she wanted?"

"I may be wrong. I am not a parent and I don't grow with one. I only have my grandmother. But Even I can tell that there is something wrong with you. You hit me. For what reason?"

"You dared hit my daughter and made her cry! You deserve it."

Kei sighs.
"We are not in a monarchical government. Hitting someone is an offense punishable by the law whether you are rich or poor. I only hit your daughter's forehead with a flick. Is it really worthy to have swollen lips for a week? If people did not stop you, would you kill me? This is what a parent should show his daughter who barely knows what marriage means? If someone makes you cry whether it is reasonable or not, hit them?"
Kei frowns.
"Must be so hard to work for you. Are you hitting your maids?"

Atlas flinched.
"Of course not!"

"It's hard to believe."
Kei tilts his head.
"One thing I will not forgive you is not hitting my face but making the celebrant cry. This is his special day. You should at least hold your grudge before you act. This is how adults handle things. You are so childish it's not even funny."

Ashley sighs.
Jeric looks at Justin and Olivia.
They are the parents of the Roseburn brothers. Atlas is Justin's brother.
He's always been like this. But they always fix his problem.
They told him not to be so short tempered but Atlas is just too unreasonable sometimes.

"I will do what I want as a parent."

"Please don't ruin the child's future by sticking to your so-called parental guidance. Please give her to her mother. Maybe she will grow up as a better person."

"What did you say?"

Kei glares at him.
"You are not fit to be a father!"

His words echoed in the whole place.
He knows that he doesn't have the right to say this.
But Kei doesn't want a child he met to end up as a hateful person after 10 years.
With this kind of a father, what can he give to his daughter?

Princess shakes her head.
"I don't want to. I love my father! I don't want to leave him."
The baby girl cries.
"Papa will be good. He will not hit people again. So....So I don't have to leave. Please Kei."

"This....This is not something you have any say with!" Atlas was shaken. He stummers as he feels a big lump in his throat.
His daughter cried because of him.
No. It's all this b*stard's fault!

Kei rubs Princess head.
"You still love him even if he is like this?"

"Mama said...I should take care of papa. Because papa is clumsy and he is always busy at work. Princess promised mama. So I will not leave Papa. And I love him. I will marry him too."

Kei nods.
"Well, if you insist. You should be tough. It'll be hard to have such usele---irresponsible father."

Princess nods and hugs Kei's neck. She kisses his lips.
"I will kiss you ouchie. So it won't hurt any more."

"Actually, that is spreading bacteria, so don't."Kei said and put her down.

Princess runs to Atlas.
"Daddy, hug!"

Atlas carries her.
Then he confusedly looks at Kei.
His head is like : What happened?

"Take care of her from now on." Kei said.

"...........WHAT?! THAT IS NOT FOR YOU TO DEC---"

Princess blocks his mouth with her tiny hand.
"No more shouting! No more fighting! Bad papa!"

"Eh? But I...."

Kei looks away.
It's so embarrassing so look at a father as his daughter's slave.

He faced the two brats who won't buy his explanation.
Asher and Jack are still angry.
Clenching their fist but don't know how to get mad at a close relative and friend's father.
Kei rubs their heads.
"I should be sleeping by now but since I ruined your birthday party, I will do anything you want tonight."

The two raised their heads to Kei who has a look of despair.

"....Kei should just go home and rest." But the two didn't say what they want after seeing the bruise on his lips.

Kei sighs.
"Come on, I am not always considerate. You want to watch the moon and stars?" He said standing up.

The two eyes brighten.
"Will you visit our tree house and watch the stars with us?" Jack asks excitedly

"Sure. I do know some constellations so It'll be fun." Kei sighs.

Ark glares at him.
"Let's go home."

Kei looks at the shock kids behind him.
"I'm fine. You also can't antagonize the Roseburn family right? Just ask for a public apology later. Let's not make a big deal out of it."

".........Are you alright?" Ark really can't afford to be too mad. They are doing a big project with the collaboration with the Roseburn's family. But they can at least ask for a public apology at most.
Ark nods and pats his shoulder.
"I'll make it up to you. How about I increase your allowance?"

"Eh? Really? Please do." Kei nods and thumbs up.

Asher and Jack who were holding hands, squeezing each other palms in fear and anxiety finally breathed out.
If Kei starts hating them..... they will go back to before? Those are very boring days.
And it's not as fun even if they are together.

Kei looks back at them.
"Let's go and look for the big dipper." He said pointing up.

The two happily run after him.