ꜰᴏᴜʀ

March 11, 2019

Akash

Epdi escape aagurath?

Latha maam is giving revision classes on geography maps and it is already boring. It is Monday. We dont have Physics hour today. Moreover, Physics revision classes are over, so if at all there is Physics period, John sir would borrow it for him to finish the Maths revision.

Our public exam is in two weeks. All the model exams are over and Now it is revision classes going on for below average students and study leave for above average students.

As I am a below average student, it is mandatory to attend all the revision classes. Even if I was an above average student, I would have come to school just for Sreedevi miss.

I dont know why, but I like her a lot. She is so cute, soft and kind natured. Most of the students don't like her as she is so an introvert and does not mingle with the students but I could say without any second thought that she is my favorite teacher. She is the main reason why I come to school everyday.

"Akash??"

I snap out of my dream world hearing Latha miss.

"Where are you lost? What are you day dreaming to smile so wide?? Huh?" She asks placing her hands on her hip.

"Vere yaaru sree devi thaan" Joel my benchmate murmurs. I stomp on his feet.

"Nothing maam" I shake my head at her.

She is about to resume the class, but the bells rings loudly indicating the period to be over. I smile wide and wait for her to leave the class. She removes her spectacles and arranges her books.

"Deii.. Aduthu enna period da?" I ask Joel. He checks his rough note and says "English da"

I sigh mentally and decide to leave the class. I take my physics text from my bag and get up from my seat when Latha maam leaves the class.

"Thaaaaaankkk youuu maaaam" The whole class chorus.

I move out of my bench to leave the class but Anjaly the class leader stops me.

"Where are you going?" She asks me.

"Staff room" I say and move out of the classroom without waiting for her reply.

I walk to the staffroom but stop in my way seeing Amala miss, our English teacher who is coming opposite to me to our classroom for the English hour.

"Akash? Where are you going?" She asks me as she comes near me.

"Maam Staffroom maam"

"For what?" She ties her hands across her chest.

"Physics la oru doubt maam"

She leaves a frustrated sigh. "Akash.. Nee Physics la kamikra dedication oda oru 10%, English la kamicha nee pass aayidlam Akash.. Nethu drama oda revision test nadathunene.. Athula unak enna mark vanthuruk theriyuma?"

I shake my head.

"Akash you dont even know the Act 2... Golden Casket choose panna prince oda peru enna Prince of Moscow va??" She asks me.

"Apo Mexico va miss?" I ask her innocently.

"Morocco" She literally barks at me in frustration. "Its Prince of Morocco Akash"

I sigh mentally. I dont even know what golden casket is and what is its role in Merchant of Venice. I just copied the answer looking at Joel's paper. I should hit on his head first for writing the wrong answer. Now I have to answer this lady who is fuming.