ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛy

Guys, "Blank Space" by FearyqueenFearyqueen is a must read. I literally fell in love with that story😭🤌🏻. I fell in love with each and every word😩. You guys would love it. Do check it out and Thank me later.

Sreedevi

"Athu ipo konjam varsham ah thaan... Ana munnadi lam apdi ila.. Munnadi naa ipdi kedayathu theriyuma.. Semma jolly ah friends kooda suthit irupen"

"Ana athellam oru 5 years ago. Ipo I am a social drinker"

"Ohh apo matum yen kudikarana irunthinga? Break up ah?"
"Ama"

I was pondering over what might have made Ajay change into a workaholic person for the past few days. I guess I got the answer today. He had been through a break up. It disturbs me. Badly. I dont know why. All the while through the lunch, Ajay was being silent lost in his thoughts. Though I was disappointed that Ajay had a girlfriend before and I wasn't aware of it, I feel bad that I somehow stirred up his feelings.

I was just trying to joke but it turned out to be a serious situation. He didn't speak a word after that. I dont know whats running inside his head. He drives towards our apartment and parks the car in the lot. Neither he nor me moved. He turned towards me and looked at me for the first time after lunch.

"Nee veetuk po.. Enaku konjam vela irukku" he said not meeting my eyes.

I was about to nod but "Enna vela?"

He looked straight and whispered "Etho onu.."

If something that I hated exist. Vague answers are one among them.

A sudden anger raised inside me hearing his reply. I would have shouted at his face, but I stayed calm and opened the door and got out before slamming the door with a thud.

I didn't turn or cared about him but walked faster as if I was a participant in some walking race. He would have just told me where the hell he is going or atleast what the heck is going inside his head.

I have no idea if I hurted him. I have no idea if I should ask sorry. He is disappointed. He is feeling bad and low and I know I am the reason for it. But he can just tell it to me. Maybe we ain't that close.

I bumped on someone as the elevater door opened and sighed seeing the person in front of me showing all her thirty two teeths like a colgate ad.

"Enna ma athukulla vanthitinga.. Thambi varala?" She looked behind me.

I was alreasy pissed off as he didn't come up with me giving vague answers and this lady is getting on my nerves.

"Enna ma amaidhiya nikura?"

"Ungaluk ipo vela ethavath irukka akka?" I asked in a soft tone controlling my rage.

"Irukku ma 7E la iruku.. 10B la ir-"

"Apo atha matum paarunga" I said and walked away without even turning towards her.

I opened the door of our apartment and slouched on the couch. What wrong did I do?

I dont know, my mind is so upset. Is it because he was giving vague answers or is it because he didn't want to come up with me and go out for nothing? I dont know.

Intha BBC news vera.

I sighed and got up from the couch. I changed back to that orange saree and walked to my book shelf. I took out the book "The Girl with no dreams" by Deepak Gupta and sat on the bean bag in the balcony.

Only a book can help me calm my mind and soul.

I dont know how many hours I drowned into the book until a doorbell interupted me. I checked the time. It was 5 in the evening. I sighed and opened the door. He stood there with the things we bought from the super market. I let him in and closed the door. He kept the things on the table and went to the guest room.

Should I talk to him? Or should I wait until he starts a conversation? Should I confront him about the break up? Or leave that topic like that?

Break up. Is it because of that he isn't interested in a marriage life? Is it because of that he didn't put any efforts in the marriage?

Sreedevi namma ipo thaa romba naal ka.. kazhich pesurom.. I know you are not ready for this marriage.. Neither am I... So nam..namma.. konjam slow va polam... We will start a life when we are ready for it

And that never came. Though I wasn't interested in any marriage and family dramas, I married him atleast wholeheartedly. I know it was because there wasn't any reason to say a No for him and I cannot express my views on my marriage to my parents who have an opinion contrary to mine.

My mind was blank and clueless on the next day of marriage. I had no clue of what this marriage had in store for me. What all might happen in my life? Will it be successful? I had a very minute hope on us in a corner of my heart. My 16 year old version who would have some insects on her stomach seeing him even far away, made that hope raise in my heart.

I was ready to welcome whatever that life had in store for me.

And it had a one and a half years of silence in store for me. I wasn't disappointed. I wasn't sad. I never thought of trying for this marriage but I was ready to accept it. But Ajay wasn't even ready for the marriage. He didn't even show a little amount of interest. I didn't know that break up was the reason for it.

I decided to make a coffee. I boiled some milk when Ajay came to kitchen and stood leaning on the counter. He srared my face for some seconds but I didn't turned towards him.

"Devi.." He called softly.

"Hmm" I put some coffee powder on both the cups.

"Devi.. Inga paar-"

"Enga poyirnthinga?" I asked him almost immediately.

He sighed and said in a low voice "Juhu Beach"

I looked up at him but averted my gaze and walked out of the kitchen. I am not going to ask him why. Who am I to ask him?

He came following me. I sat on the grass mat on the balcony sipping my coffee. He sat right in front of me, our knees touching.

"Kovama?" He asked.

"Naa yen nga unga kitta kova padanum? Naa yaaru?"

"Devi please.."

"Juhu beach la thaa ungaluk vela. Illa??" I literally shouted at him.

"Devi naa konjam.. Oru mathiri.. Mind disturb aagi.. konjam neram calm ah irukanum nu.."

"Atha en kitta sollalam la? Beach uk tha poringa nu? Yen thelivillama eno thano nu answer panringa?"

He didn't say a word. Thousands of thoughts and doubts started dancing inside my head-

"Kalyanam aana time laye sollirkalam Ajay. Neenga vera ponna love pannathu nala thaan namma kalyanathula ungaluk interest illa nu.. Atha vitut.." I sighed and got up from there and rushed to the kitchen.

"Devi naa..." He tried to call me but I didn't listen.

Something that has been pondering deep inside my brain from afternoon spilled out of my tongue without even my knowledge.

A sudden thought erupted which made my heart heavy. I held my chest to ease that feeling but my mind repeated the one question.

Is he still in love with that girl?

-

Hey guys,

How was the chapter?

What did that 16 year old Sreedevi had for Ajay? Lets see how things take a change from here on.

PreeAsh you are such a sweetheart❤️. Thank you for suggesting this story to your readers. There are more readers for this now😭

heavenlyinsane28 you too. Thank you for suggesting this story dear🤗