ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

April 4, 2019

Ajay

Enna iva jolly ah ukanth Tv pathut irukka?

I frown at Sreedevi who is leisurely watching Television sipping her morning coffee without getting ready for school. I button my sleeves as I walk to the couch. I clear my throat and she looks at me.

"School pola?" I ask.

"Illa... Summer Vacation start aayiduch" she says.

Yeah its April already, time for summer vacation. Its going to be one month leave for her. I dont know what she is going to do with this month. Anybody gets benefitted with a one month leave but not Sreedevi. She literally does nothing. She is interested in nothing. No friends, No shoppings, No outings, No partys, No movies, No travels, No picnics, Nothing.

I nod at her and sit on the dining table to eat my breakfast. Sreedevi gets up from the couch and walks to the kitchen. She washes the dishes. I finish my breakfast and go to the kitchen. I stand behind her and clear my throat. She tilts her head and gets the plate from me wordlessly. I blink at her for few seconds and go to wash my hands in the basin and walk back to kitchen to fetch water.

Her phone rings from the kitchen counter and she visibly sighs seeing the caller ID. I wonder who it is. She looks at me helplessly. I raise my eyebrows at her.

"Amma koopudranga.. Konjam pesuringala?" She saysm

"Naan ah?.. Vaipe illa" I shake my head.

"Please Ajay" she pleads.

Sreedevi never calls me using my name. She always clears her throat whenever she wants to talk to me. Same goes with me. Some unknown feelings raise inside me hearing my name from her. I get the phone from her and attend the call and put it on speaker.

'Hello?'

Her mom tells from the other end.

"Hello? Aunty?" I say and look at Sreedevi who is biting her nails.

'Marumagane? Neengala? Nalla irukingala?'

"Haan.. Nal.. Nalla iruken aunty. Neenga?" I ask trying to cover the awkwardness.

'Nalla iruken thambi. Saptingala? Office pogalaya?'

"Haa sapten aunty.. Office poga kelambiten aunty"

'Ohh seri pa.. Devi illaya pa?'

I look at Sreedevi who shows a thumbs down on her head indicating that she is bathing.

"Haa.. Aunty.. Athu Sreedevi kulichit irukka" I say.

'Ohh illa pa.. Innaila irunth avaluk oru masam leave uh.. Athaan konja naal inga vanthu thanga solla thaan'

Sreedevi actions me something but I didnt get it. I keep the phone a bit away and lean my ear towards her.

"Ava oru masam en kooda time spend pannanum nu nenaikra.. Athunala ooruk poratha plan illa nu sonna... Apdinu sollunga" she whispered in a husky voice in my ears. Her breath fanning my earlobe.

My whole body got goosebumps. Her husky voice is such a turn on. Her mom yells hello in the phone and I shake my head to bring me out of those unwanted thoughts. Sreedevi stares me wierdly. I tell her mom whatever she said.

'Ohh irukatum thambi... Avaluk engala pakanum nu aasai ellam illa.. Illa parava illa..'

Sreedevi rolls her eyes.

"Illa aunty apdilam onum illa" I tell her without knowing what to say.

'Seri vidunga thambi... Unga santhosham thaa mukyam.. Neenga onu thappa eduthukathinga... Naa veikren'

She ends the call while I regret attending the call for all the awkwardness. Sreedevi gets the phone from me and mutters a Thank you.

I leave the house and reach the office. Megha tries to near me but I give a curt nod and move away. I call Reba to bring everyone for the meeting. After the meeting, everyone dispersed to their works.

During lunch break, I go to canteen with my lunch. Though there is lunch in canteen, I love to eat home made food. I open my lunch box which contained tomato rice and salad. Reba comes towards my table with her lunch.

"Ajay if you dont mind can I sit here?" She asks.

I look at her. She eyes the canteen and looks at me pleadingly. I look around the canteen and find every tables are occupied. The only seats left are in tables of group of men. I can understand it would be less awkward for a woman to sit with one man than sitting with a group of men. I nod at her and she sits opposite to me.

I don't have friends in office. Most of them dont like me. So nobody cares to sit beside me.

"Ajay do you know? Some problem is going on" she says stuffing the fried rice.

"Enna problem?" I frown at her.

"Therila... Ana Prabhakaran sir morning la irunth romba tensed ah iruntharu... Police lam vanthurnthanga"

"Ennathu police ah?" I ask her shocked.

"Police na.. Not the group of police in uniform... That Acp.. Ceo oda friend irukar la.. Avar thaan.. Morning aarambicha meeting innum mudila"

I get more confused. If there is any problem, Prabhakaran sir would have informed me. I zone out thinking deeply and come out of my trance when Reba snaps at me.

"What happened Ajay?"

I shake my head as a nothing and continue eating. I sense a strong gaze on us. I tilt my head and find Megha glaring Reba deadly. Reba smirks at her and continue eating. I dont understand why these girls are fighting. I know Megha is behind me and I think Reba has also got some feelings for me.

'Adipavingala... ore oru kalyanam pannen.. Athuve ethuk panikiten nu theriyama suthit iruken.... Ithula ithu veraya'

I think in my head and shake my head.

Post lunch, when I was working, Prabhakaran sir called me to his cabin. I knock on his door and he asks me to come in. He is sitting with a serious face and asks me to sit down.

"Sir any problem?" I ask looking at his tensed face.

"Actually Yes Ajay. Our company is facing a problem"

"What problem sir?"

"Somebody has filed a case against our company" he says

"What?"  I ask him shocked.

"Yes Ajay. But its fake. We are not at any mistake but the case is so strong. Yaaro rivals panna vela thaan.. Case visarichit irukanga"

"Sir case jeichiduvoma?"

"Therila Ajay. Verdict vantha thaa theriyum.. And I am not talking to you officially. Infact office la yaarukume ithu theriyathu.. Neeyum solla vendam.. Okay?"

"Okay sir"

"Okay Ajay.. I'll let you know about the updates... Carry on"

I nod at him and get out of his cabin.

-

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay😔

Hope you liked this chapter.

See you guys in the next chapter❤️