ᴛʜɪʀᴛy

Ajay

How lucky am I to get you Devi?

I kept staring her eyes until she averted her gaze and hit her head on my shoulder blushing to my gaze. My eyes still didn't leave her. I never expected that she would say something like that. I expected she would also laugh at it. Even I would laugh at all my stupidities that I have did years ago.

I was a fraidy- cat when I was in school. I haven't had any crushes or one side love then. I would sight a few girls whom I found attractive. I never cared to talk or know about them. They were just eye candies. The only girl I have sighted for a long term was Sreedevi and I eventually stopped sighting her when we didn't meet for so long and then I started having serious feelings for Abirami.

When I was in school, I don't encourage girls having crush on me. It would make me uncomfortable when they tease me with them. That girl who I don't even remember how she looked, had a huge crush on me. As Rakesh said, they would tease me with that girl which was so intolerable for me. But I wasn't that brave to tell her directly, so I used to cook up stories like that.

I was embarrassed when that friend of her said the story to the whole school. Rakesh and Pragan never stopped teasing me. Although I was embarassed then, now I would only laugh at it. But at times like this, I wish I would have been more brave and tell those girls directly that I don't like them, without lying a story.

It wouldn't have hurted me if Sreedevi too laughed at it, because it was indeed funny, even I would laugh at it but it really touched me when she chose to speak supporting me.

How can this woman impress me in every possible way, so effortlessly?

Devi laughs at something said by Pragan. A smile crept my face thinking how lucky I am to have a woman like her in my life. Sreedevi is a kind of woman that every human being deserves in their life and God decided to give her to me. How thoughtful of him! Or her?! Idk. But He/ she has done a great job.

"Garkiii??" Leela aunty's sister calls from the doorstep.

I avert my gaze from Sreedevi and look around.

"Enna chithi" Garki turns her head to the door.

"Ellarayuk tea kudikka kootit vaa" she said and left.

Garki stood up followed by others. I stood up from the floor and both I and Rakesh gave ours hand to Sreedevi. She looked between. I glared him, he shrugged and moved away. Sreedevi placed her hand on mine and I pulled her up to stand on feet. She smiled and moved front while I followed her behind.

As she was descending the stairs, she suddenly turned her head to look at me. I quickly averted my gaze to the chandelier above and looked her through the corner of my eyes. She was still standing there scrutinising her eyes at me. I smiled sheepishly and held her shoulders from behind and leaded her downstairs.

Leela aunty's sister served tea for us. Rakesh, Pragan and Sarath were discussing about football. Its my favorite topic, but I don't find it favorite anymore when she is beside me. She has become my favorite, without even asking my permission.

We kept stealing glances, playing hide and seek under the mug on which we were sipping the tea. She looks away and tries to concentrate on what Garki's grandmother was saying. She just nods her head to her with a smile tucking her hair strand behind her ear revealing her Jhumkas. They dance as she nods her head and I find it beautiful.

She looks me through the corner of her eyes but I didn't stop myself from gawking her. If it was eleven years ago, I would have immediately avert my gaze and would give an oscar level performance. But now that she is my wife, I don't have to care much.