ꜰᴏʀᴛy ꜱɪx

John

Devathaiyai kanden kaadhalil vizhunthen...

I sang in my mind, staring the angel sitting in front of me. She was sitting opposite to my table. I was thinking for the past one month, how to impress her. As Mathew sir said that Sreedevi loves to read books, I searched for the best seller books of last year and bought one for her. I even wrote a note on it. I thought I would get a Thank you message from her and I could start a conversation with her, but No she didn't. Thats okay, I can plan other ways. I told my mother that I love her. She scolded me to stop playing around, and aproach her directly.

I put my hands inside my pocket and took out the chit paper and held it under the table, revising the proposal I have written in the paper.

"Sreedevi, itha epdi solrathu nu therila.. Kadantha oru varshama ithu solla naan romba thavichirken.. Enak unna romba pudichirik.. Unna kalyanam pannikanum.. Unna naa kadaisi varaikum nalla pathupen.. Ennoda vazhkai thunai ya vara unak sammathama??"

I murmured under my breath byhearting it. I looked up and saw her looking at me wierdly. I crushed the paper and smiled at he

"Prayer prayer" I said and did a holy cross.

"In the name of the father"I touched my forehead "and of the son" I touched my chest "and of the holy spirit" I touched either side of my torso "amen" I touched my lips and smiled at her.

She nodded awkwardly and went back to separating the papers.

"Sreedevi maam?"

"Haan" she looked up at me.

"Athu.." I cleared my throat "Naa book anupirnthen.. Vanthucha?" I asked.

"Oh yeah" she palmed her temple "Maranthe poyiten.. Yah neenga anupuna book vanthuchu sir and Thank you so much. That was very sweet of you" she smiled.

I smiled. No blushed. "No mention Sreedevi... maam.. Athu padichingala?"

"Yah paathi padichen... Innum irukku" she said.

I nodded. So she might have read my note too.

I gulped, looked at the chit paper again. I should somehow propose her. Teachers might come after 9:30. Its only me and her now. This is the right time.
Should I add some more, like this orange saree suits you well? That might be too risky. I dont know what colour saree she is wearing but I assume it is orange.  What if it is not orange? She might reject me because I am colour blind.

I cleared my throat, but nothing cane out of my mouth. I felt the words getting stucked in my throat without wanting to come out. I suddenly felt like suffocating and got up from the seat suddenly. I excused and left to the washroom in the right corridor. I breathed out and took out the paper, revised it again.

Or else what about proposing her in a cinematic way?

"Hi Sreedevi, I am John..." I widened my arms "Inga yarayum ivlo azhaga.." I chuckled "Yaaru ivlo azhaga pathurka maatanga... And I'm in love with you"

I shook my head "Venam.. Romba Over ah irukum"

What about,

"Sreedevi.... En amma vuk marumagala varuviya?"

No. Thats too much. Already prepared diologue would be enough. I took a deep breath in and out for few minutes. I prepared myself "You can do it" I said to myself and exited the washroom but gasped and caught my chest when I saw Akash standing with his hands crossed against his chest. I huffed in relief.

"Hai sir" he said with a cheeky smile.

"Hi" I said with a frown pinching my shirt feeling sweaty.

"Sir.. Enna thaan ungalukum enakum neraya clash nadanthalum enak unga mela rombave respect iruku sir" he said  leaning his shoulder to the wall.