ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

Disclaimer

Intha kadhayil varum anaithum karpanaye🙏🏻

April 5, 2019

Sreedevi

"What the Fuck????"

I jerk from my sleep hearing Ajay's roar. I quickly get up from my bed and move to the hall to see him sitting on the couch with his eyes fixed on the Newspaper. I slowly walk towards him and peep into the news paper.

"High Court of Tamilnadu orders to seal QGT Company for a month"

Was the headlines of the paper.

QGT company! Engayo ketta maari irukke...

I gasp when I realise it is the company where Ajay works.

Ajay grabs the Tv remote and switch on the television. He switches the channel to BBC news.

"The QGT Company not only failed to submit the evidences against the allegations but also has asked for some time to prove their innocence. Thus The High court of Tamilnadu has ordered to seal the company for a month until they submit the solid evidences"

That newsreader with a pink shade lipstick says.

Ajay takes his phone and calls someone.

"Sir enna sir ithellam.. Company ah seal vechutangala?" He asks over the phone pacing back and forth.

"Mch... Ok sir" He says annoyingly and cut the call.

He sighs heavily and sits on the chair rubbing his temples. I slowly move near him and sit on a chair. I clear my throat and he looks up at me.

"Ennachu?" I ask hoping that he wont yell at me.

"Naa work panra company mela yaaro case file panitanga..." His phone rings again and he move out to the balcony.

I almost understand what would have happened. What if Ajay lose his job? Oh my god, he wont be able to bear it. Ajay loves his job so much.

I walk to kitchen and decide to prepare the lunch by myself. I start preparing tomato rice while Ajay responds to the n no of phone calls he's getting by the passing minutes.

Ajay came back to kitchen by the time I finish cooking. We both eat the food. He joins me to clean the kitchen with a straight grumpy face. I didn't speak a word and continued doing my job silently. His phone rang again, he closed his eyes in frustration and picked the call yelling at his mom on the other side. I jerk and look at him shocked. He cuts the call abruptly and washes the dishes harshly making noises murmuring something within himself.

I slowly move out of the kitchen to my room and stay there. I dont have enough courage to face this man's wrath. What if he yells at me? All these years I knew Ajay, I have never seen him angry or yelling until I got married to him. Even after marriage, the events that make Ajay angry are very rare.

I open my phone and plug in the earphones. I open youtube and searched for the news regarding the QGT company. Somebody has filed a case against the Company with some evidences. Now the company has asked a one month time to prove that they aren't at fault. So the High court decided to seal the company for a month. Ok Now I get it. So Ajay wont be able to go for work for a month.

I look at the comments, half of them are supporting the company while half of them are against the company. I sigh and close the app and keep my phone aside. I lie down on the bed and close my eyes.