ᴛʜɪʀᴛy ᴛᴡᴏ

Ajay

Why did the world stop for a second?

I can hear my heart, beating in an insane pace. I am sure Sreedevi too can hear it. I look down at her, still being in the frozen state. Her petite figure embracing me, gently sobbing in my chest. Nothing else can make me feel like this. I swear. Screw the PlayStation, I am loving this.

I slowly, very slowly bring my hands around her shoulder, embracing her within me, my heart not wanting to let her go, at any cost. I feel jittery. A snowing feeling? I dont know. It feels heaven to see this woman, the woman who had been affecting everything of me for the past few days, enfolding me, tightly as she could.

I slowly caress her hair letting her sob for sometime. She needs it. She needs the comfort. Its okay to cry, rather than keeping all your weariness within you. Its okay for her to cry, because I am there to console her, I am there to pacify her, I am there to tell her that everything is okay, I am there for her, I will be there for her, always and ever.

She sobs more harder and I pull her more closer hugging her tightly. Her little arms hug my torso more tightly burying her face in my chest. Her sobs die slowly and she raises her head pulling back slightly, sniffing her tears. But she is still looking down without meeting my eyes.

"Devi ma?" I called her softly, caressing her head with one hand.

"Hmm?" She hums her voice still cracking.

"Its okay" I whispered bending down to her ears.

She closed her eyes and some tears gushed out.

"Its okay devi ma..." I whisper again, pulling her more closer.

She manages to look up at me, her hands still around my torso, aa if they own them and refusing to let go.

I gently smiled ar her. Tucking the hair strands behind her ear, I wiped the tear strains in her face, softly cupping her face.

"Thank you" She whispers.

"Ethuk ma?" I wiped the tears that were faliing again and again.

"Enakaga pesnathuku" she said.

"Devi ma, naa oru third person ah irunthu, Unakaga pesnen na.. Nee thanks sollalam.. But I am your husband ma... Unakaga naa pesama vera yaaru ma pesuva? I know, unak naa oru third person ah thaa irunthurken ithana varsham... But not anymore.. We know we are not like how we were right?"

She nodded slowly.

"Antha pombala nu illa.. Unga amma nu illa... Yaara irunthalum seri.. I have got your back... I am there for you... I will stand by your side..Yen na nee en wife" I say, with utmost sincerity.

Her eyes convey different emotions as tears flow down her face, slowly.

"As a husband, its my responsibility, kadamai" I whispered.

"Enakaga yaaru pesnathu illa Ajay.." She says, that dejection evident in her voice.

I pulled her to my chest, hugging her tightly as possible. She sniffles and silently sob again.

"Naa iruken" I said caressing her hair "irupen", I added.

She raised her head from my chest and stared my eyes with a cute pout.

"Summa ella solla koodathu" she said.

I sighed, When will you start trusting me, Devi ma? How low she thinks of herself? The other day also she didn't believe me.

"Enna ennaik aachu nee divorce pannit poyiduviya Devi ma?" I should make her trust me someway.

She shook her head instantly "Divorce pannit naa enna Ajay panna poren" she pouts again.