ᴛʜɪʀᴛy ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

Sreedevi

I am gonna miss my husband today.

Its the first time I am gonna sleep without him in the past three weeks. Ajay wasn't excited about the nightstay. He probably wanted to be with me. But anna s were requesting me to send him. I couldn't deny and so I said they could take him for today but Ajay wasn't happy about it. That makes me feel good. So good. He wants to be with me. Spend time with me. How cute it is?

I stood before the mirror and pulled my hair out of the clip and tied it in a bun. I removed my earrings and suddenly got remembered his comment about it. It made me blush. Again and Again. I have been blushing too much recently.

A knock on the door pulls me out of my thoughts. I opened the door to see Sarath anna and Pragan anna standing there.

"Devi ma.. Ajay oda brush apro kalyanathuk podra dress ellam konjam pack panni kudu ma" Sarath anna says and I frown.

"Yen ney? Kalaila inga vanthu thane ready aguvaru?" I asked confused.

"Illa ma avan kalaila 5 manik enthripanam.. Enthirich odane brush panni kulipanam. Athunala veetuke poren nu sollit adam pannan.. Athaan naanga eduka vanthurkom"

I scrunched my nose in confusion. He never wakes up until its 10'o clock if he doesn't have office. I remembered how unhappy he was about the nightstay and he might have made an excuse to come back here. I chuckled slightly and pulled out a cotton bag and put his ironed Red shirt and White veshti along with a brand new vest and boxers of him. I wrapped his brush in a plastic cover. I put them all in the bag along with his perfume and gave it to them. They thanked me and left.

Shaking my head in disbelief, I pulled out a night dress from my bag and changed into it.

After refreshing myself, I slump on the bed thinking what to do. I thought of checking my old things that I have secured in a box under my bed. I took it out and dusted it before opening it. Its been years since I have opened it. More than eight. I guess.

I chuckled seeing a spiderman keychain inside. It was Ajay's obviously. I pilfered it when he came over my house and left it on the ground when he was running and playing. It was his favorite keychain. I knew. I knew how he used to spin it around his fingers all the time. I knew how he loved spiderman back then. His room was full of spiderman posters. I have seen them when we visited his house occasionally.

I kept it back and stared the things in it. It was full of my school stuff. I never had a slam book but I had a journal for myself. Excited, I took it out and flipped the pages. The book was soo old and it was hard to figure out the words.

15/09/08.

I saw a guy in bus stop today. He looked like Ajay. I stared him for few seconds and that guy thought I was interested in him and he started gawking me back. Ridiculous. Men are ridiculous.

I laughed out loud. I dont even remember that day but that made me laugh. I was taken aback with the fact that I wrote the whole journal in English. That was amazing. I remember my English teacher saying, to write daily journals in english to improve vocabulary in my 9th std and thats why I wrote those journals but all I wrote was about Ajay.

10/10/08.

Oh my god I cant believe Ajay talked to me so casually. I have never talked to him like that before. Ok so he came today to my house, later stood by the door of my room saying my mom called me, then barged into my bedroom looking himself in the shell mirror on my window. He asked me from where I got it. He asked me whether I was in 10th. I wish he asked me more. Whether I was single? That would have been awkward. But yeah I wished. Stupid me.