EPISODE 07 THOSE DEEP EYES

They sneak in the Ashram. Although it is bright in the morning they successfully avoid all the eyes around the ashram. Dhani is impressed by their hiding skills. "They must be good at spying" she thinks. She leads them to her room. They place Vani on the bed and stand there expecting Dhani to say something.

Dhani : Thank you. I appreciate your help.

She looks at them. Both of them are standing there looking at her.

Dhani : They look exactly the same. Same height, same hair, same body structure everything is the same.

She feels this connection with both of them, but deeper towards the physician man. She takes a closer look at their eyes. When she looks into the eyes of the other man, she is awestruck by those deep eyes. She holds her breath and her eyes widens. She has never seen such beautiful eyes ever before. It instantly reminds her of her wish that she expressed to the Lord. "Eyes that are deep like a sea, eyes that sparkle like stars." Indeed his eyes are sparkling when looking at her. Seeing her expression he knows she fell in love with his eyes. He smiles under his mask.

"I don't want to leave her. I want to be with her. Should I remove my mask and let her see my charms?" They were lost in each other's gaze. Suddenly Vani screams.

Vani : Aahhhh... it's hurting.

She wakes up and everyone looks at her. Dhani helps her in sitting up.

Dhani : How are you feeling now?

Vani : It's hurting. (Cries)

Dhani looks back towards them. But there is no one there. Dhani looks out of the room. They are gone. She feels upset as they left without saying anything to her.

Dhani : You wait here, let me call mother and father.

Prabhupada : (angrily) Why did you go into the forest? I told you I will take you there, didn't I? If something would have happened to you...... I told you not to go in the forest. You did not listen to me. You wanted to go see places? Now, sit here for the rest of your vacation. Stupid girl.

Vani : (cries) Pa is scolding me when I am already hurting. Please don't shoot any more arrows at me.

Prabhupada : This girl...

Mala : (sitting beside Vani) Stop it.

Dhani : I am sorry Father. It's my fault that I did not stop her from going into the forest. Instead I accompanied her. Please forgive us.

Surender enters the room with Keechak.

Surender : Prabhupada, Keechak is here.

Keechak looks around the room and then introduces himself.

Keechak : I am the Army Chief of the Kingdom of Hasta. I apologise to the maidens who had been hurt due to our incompetence. Last night, two men were caught spying about our warfare and army matters. They are on a run since then. I want to ask you maiden, what happened there? Tell me elaborately.

Vani explains what she saw till she fell unconscious.

Keechak : What happened after that? How did you get here?

Vani : I don't know. I woke up and I was lying here. (Looks at Dhani)

Keechak's eyes follow Vani's gaze. He takes a good look at Dhani. "Wow, this girl is bestowed with beauty like a goddess. Such a masterpiece must only be possessed by me." He smirks slightly.

Dhani has been silent in the whole conversation.

Surender : Daughter Dhani, don't be afraid, tell him everything you saw. He will catch them soon.

Keechak : Oh! So she is Dhani. Haha. My luck. Yes, tell me everything. Those who hurt your sister must be caught and punished. (Grits and clenches his fists) I will punish them wholeheartedly.

Prabhupada : Dhani, tell us what happened there.

Dhani : (calmly) Respected Army Chief , first, let me clarify, my sister was not hurt because of those men. She was hurt because your soldiers were shooting arrows blindly in any direction they saw a movement, not even considering the possibility that they may hurt someone innocent. And as they did.

Surender and Keechak are shocked to see Dhani speaking boldly. As for her family, they already know about her temper when she gets angry.

Dhani : Second, those two men helped me bring Vani back here while she was unconscious. Not only that, when your soldiers were shooting arrows in our direction, they saved us from getting hit by the arrows. They are the reason my sister is alive today.

There follows a brief moment of silence in the room.

Keechak : My apologies, beautiful Maiden. I will make sure something like this does not happen again. What else did you see?

Dhani : (calmly) Them skillfully killing your soldiers there.

Keechak : (annoyed) Anything else?

Dhani nods side by side.

Keechak : You said they helped you carry your sister here. Did you hear any conversation between them? Or do you remember any special characteristics of them?

Dhani recalls

"This man here is also a practitioner of Ayurveda and the best physician in all of Avabhoomi. No wound or disease remains unhealed once he works on it."

Dhani : No, I don't remember hearing anything special. Besides they were wearing masks so their faces were covered.

Keechak : (scoffs) All right.

Everyone leaves the room one by one except for Mala. Dhani and Vani did not notice that their mother had not left yet. She is sitting on a chair in the corner. Dhani hugs her sister with love and care.

Vani : Ah! You care so much for me. I lo..ve...yo...?

Dhani has an angry expression on her face.

Dhani : Last night, suddenly, you showed interest in going to the temple and then you purposely led us into the woods.

Vani : (worried) Calm down sis, calm down.

Dhani : Answer me when I am politely asking, what were you planning to do?

Vani : I ...I just wanted you to meet that man, Keechak. That's it.

Dhani : Keechak? That Army Chief? Why?

Vani : Well, last night, I heard pa and Surender uncle talking about your marriage with him. So I just wanted you to meet him and see for yourself if he matches what you prayed for, if ..if you liked him or not before your marriage. Otherwise you will only get to know him on your wedding night. I mean you prayed for 12 whole years, shouldn't your husband be....

Seeing how her sister cared for her, Dhan is moved. She hugs her again.

Dhani : But why did you decide to go into the forest? If I simply had asked to meet him, Mother and Father would have allowed me to meet him. You could have just told me.

Vani : No, definitely not. Mother would never have allowed you to meet any man. Never no matter how sweetly you would have asked. She is an old-fashioned woman. She would let you see him only and only when he becomes your husband.

Both of them laugh heartily not knowing that their mother is still there, listening to their conversation.