EPISODE 13 LET HER GO

Everyone listens to her carefully.

Dhani : If I marry all five of you, you will feel sickening pains in your hearts. I do not wish anyone to go through those depressing emotions that I had gone through.

Bali : Chandi... No, Dhani, I don’t feel jealous at all after hearing that you share the same bond with my brothers.

Manan, Mithun and Aanan nod their heads.

Saint Ujani : Dear, if you leave them now, they will feel great pain of separation in their hearts and you will also not live a very happy life yourself. And, if you chose to marry only one of them, that would be the worst, because then, the rest of them will feel abandoned by their wife. That is why I ask you to accept all five of them as your husbands.

Dhani looks at them. There are expressions of worry on their faces.

Dhani : Saint, I wish to go to Nilgiri Hills. I want to know how my blessing turned out like this. When I was praying to the Lord, I only had one picture.

Manan : But we are...

Saint Ujani : Let her go, Prince Manan. When a woman does not want to marry, it is against one's manhood to persuade or force her. Besides, she has to clear her doubts. Daughter, go and find answers to your questions first.

Bali : But Saint...

Saint Ujani : (smiles) I understand how you are feeling. Trust my words. She is destined to be your wife. But you are not allowed to force her.

Aatreya : As you say Saint. Nivid, prepare for her and her family's journey.

•••••

After some days. In the Temple of Lord Shiva, Nilgiri Hills.

Dhani : High Priestess, I do not understand what went wrong with my blessings

Dhani : High Priestess, I do not understand what went wrong with my blessings. Please enlighten me.

High Priestess : (laughs) There cannot be anything wrong in your blessings. You received what you prayed for.

Dhani : No, High Priestess, I did not ask for five husbands.

High Priestess : You must have. That is why you're blessed with five husbands.

Dhani : I never thought of having five husbands. Not even once.

High Priestess : Hmmm. Then you must not have clearly stated what you desired. Or perhaps, you made some mistake while expressing your desire.

Dhani : No. I am sure I did not ma…… Oh!!! High Priestess, I stated my wish with some pauses in between. Can this the be reason for all of this?

High Priestess : How did you express your desire?

Dhani tells her what she said to the Lord.

High Priestess : Oh dear Lord, you said 'I wish to have a husband' five times?

Dhani : Yes.

High Priestess : (laughs) Because you said 'I wish to have a husband' five times, you got five husbands.

Dhani closes her eyes in realisation.

Dhani : How will my life go now?

High Priestess : Full of blessings and five times more love in life.

Dhani : You know why I asked for a husband from the Lord. It’s because those who receive each other through blessings remain devoted to each other throughout their lives. But…. what will I do if they suffer because of me, as I suffered in my past life. What if they become jealous of one another? Moreover, how longer will they remain devoted to me when they see me loving four other men?

High Priestess : Dear, those who are brought together by the Lord do not feel jealousy. It is a widely known truth. Have you heard of Manashi? She received a boon to have ten powerful and mighty husbands who would love her and cherish her equally. Those ten men now live with Manashi in one home. No one could have ever imagined that. You wanted a husband who only loved you in your previous life, but did not get that. Now, the Lord has bestowed you with not one, but five devoted husbands, who will only and only love you. Accept their love, dear.

Dhani : (bows down) I am leaving, High Priestess.

High Priestess : My well wishes to you, dear.

Dhani comes out of the temple. Her family is waiting for her there.

Mala : What did the High Priestess say?

Dhani : Mother, Father, we should leave now, go and pray to the Lord for sometime before leaving. I will sit here till then.

Mala : Okay. Vani, come inside.

They go inside the temple. There is a shadow figure standing at some distance from Dhani. Dhani approaches him.

Dhani : Why are you here?

Manan is surprised that she caught him so early. He has disguised himself with perfection.

Manan : I….I came to see you.

Dhani : You came to check on me. You were afraid that I will ask the High Priestess for some remedy to negate my blessings.

Manan : ……

Dhani : Do not worry. I will not do that. I came here to clear my clouded mind. Besides, curses are lifted not blessings. Blessings should be accepted with an open heart. Negating them would mean disrespecting the Lord. I would have accepted it anyway.

Manan : So, does this mean that you will become our wife?

Dhani : Hmm.

Dhani looks away from him. She can feel how joyful and happy he is feeling in his heart.

Dhani : Now go, I will come to Naimisharan with my family.

He puts his hand on the back of his head and smiles at her before leaving.

Prabhupada : Dhani, we met the High Priestess. She said that... that it would be best to …accept this marriage. Are you going to accept it?

Dhani : Yes, father. Let’s go back to Naimi Sharanya

Prabhupada : Are you sure dear?

Dhani : Yes Father.

Vani : Father, I want to stay here in the temple.

Mala : Why?

Vani : I will stay here and worship the Lord.

Mala : What? Why so suddenly?

Dhani : What happened Vani?

Vani : Uh…nothing happened. I just want to pray to the Lord, so I want to stay here for some days.

Prabhupada : You, you want to pray to the Lord? From which direction the sun has risen today?

The High Priestess comes out. She knows the reason for her sudden desire for praying to the Lord.

High Priestess : Let her stay here, Prabhupada. If she wants to stay here and pray, do not stop her from worshipping the Lord.

Dhani : But Vani, I am going to marry. Won’t you come in my marriage?

Vani : Oh! There will be a lot of delicious food and Naimisharan is known for its cuisines. And how can I not attend my sister’s wedding? Of course I will.

Dhani : Hmm. (smiles)

Vani : High Priestess, I will come back after attending my sister’s wedding.

High Priestess : (chuckles) Okay dear.

They proceed to Naimisharan.

To be continued...