EPISODE 17 SPOUSAL MARK

The next morning, Dhani wakes up to see Manan and Aanan sleeping on her side. She lets out a deep breath. Manan wakes up and looks at her. She is only wearing her blouse and her long skirt. Her stola is placed beneath her. He takes a good look at her bare skin, her face and her hair. She notices him looking at her. He smiles and tugs her hair to one side and looks at her back, which her blouse is barely hiding. He runs his fingers on her back. She gasps.

Manan : Wife, may I kiss you?

Dhani does not think twice. She leans and kisses him on the lips. Manan is surprised. He pulls her in his arms and kisses her more. Lastly he plants a kiss on her forehead before leaving her room. Dhani sits there thinking about how her first night went. All the touching, caressing, kissing and embraces she received. Her eyes fell on Aanan. He looks spectacularly attractive. Dhani stares at his sleeping face for some time. His perfectly carved face, gently closed eyes and bow shaped lips bring a smile on Dhani's lips. "Anyone can forget about their worries when they gaze at his face." She leans to take a closer look of his handsome face. Aanan locks her in his arms and then opens his eyes. 

Dhani : Oh! You are awake? Huh!

Aanan : Were you staring at my charming face? Were you tempted to kiss my lips while I was asleep?

Dhani : N… no. I was just….

Aanan : Just?

Dhani : …..

Aanan smiles at her.

Aanan : Oh! By the way, (lifts his head and murmurs in her ear) it will be my first time too.

Dhani pulls backwards and looks at him. He winks at her. 

Aanan : I was saying those things to make the situation funny for you. I knew you were afraid.

Dhani passes a smile to him.

Aanan : So….what are you doing right now?

Dhani : I am going to take a bath. (Pulls back)

Aanan : (holds her hand) Wife, let me help you in taking a bath.

Dhani pauses for a second listening to his husky voice.
Aanan rises up from the bed and holds Dhani up in his arms. He takes her to the bathroom attached to her room. The tub is already filled with water and flower petals. The maids filled it last night thinking that she will need that today. The room is fragrant.

He puts her on the stool and puts his hands on her blouse's lace on her back

Aanan : May I? 

Dhani nods her head. He pulls the lace and removes her blouse gently. His eyes admire her beauty and his lips part slightly. She wraps her hands around and turns away from him to avoid his gaze. He removes his clothes and embraces her from behind and starts snuggling on her neck and ear. Dhani feels his heartbeat.  It's fast and his body is getting warmer and warmer. She takes a look at him. His spectacular body appears like a sculpture carefully carved with perfection. She is in euphoria looking at him.

Dhani : How could someone be this handsome?" It is making my heart race faster.

He chuckles at how intently she is staring at his body. He gently picks her up in his arms. She places her hands around his neck, now no longer covering herself. He stands still holding her in his arms, close to his fast beating heart, taking his time to capture her beauty with his eyes.

Then he enters into the tub and places her ahead of him. He gives her some hugs and plants some kisses on her neck and shoulders. She turns towards him. Their faces are close to each other's. Aanan kisses her lips. Dhani allows him to kiss more deeply and passionately

There follows a lot of kissing, smooching and rubbing. It becomes a long bath.

Dhani comes out of her room with Aanan. Both of them are smiling at each other. Ketaki sees them. She takes a good look at Aanan from up to down.

Ketaki : Dhani, what happened last night?

Dhani is surprised at the question.

Dhani : What happened mother?

Ketaki : You didn't consummate with anyone? 

Dhani : Ah…that..that…

Aanan : How do you know mother?

Ketaki : How do I know? Because there is no spousal mark on any of you. 

Aanan : Spousal mark?

Dhani knows what Ketaki is talking about. Those who are blessed by the Lord have special connection to each other. The spousal mark is the symbol of this connection. Those who are received as the divine blessings, spousal symbols appear on their body when they consummate their marriage, letting others know that they are connected with a certain person. So, the spousal marks will appear on Dhani's husbands' bodies, implying their connection with her, when they consummate with her. Spousal marks appear on different body parts for different persons because it symbolises what type of connection they share. For example, its appearance on one's chest symbolises a deep heart to heart connection.

Dhani : Mother, it's true. I did not consummate last night.

Ketaki : Why? Last night was an auspicious time for consummation.

Bela : She must have been frightened. Moreover our sons must have been shy about it too. Dhani, dear they are your husbands. You know that consummation is necessary, right?

Dhani nods.

Dhani : Yes, Mother.

Ketaki : Aanan, were you shy last night?

Aanan : No Mother.

Ketaki : Where is your manliness?

Aanan : I said I was not shy. Besides, how could I have removed my clothes in front of my brothers.

Ketaki : Who told you to remove your clothes in front of them? You only need to remove your clothes in front of... Wait a minute. Did you all go into her chamber together last night?

Aanan rolls eyes to the side and Dhani looks down. Ketaki and Bela gasp at their expressions.

Bela : You should have chosen one of them.

Dhani keeps looking down at the floor.

Aanan : I am going to look into some matters. 

They chuckle as he leaves.

Dhani : Mother, I will consummate my marriage soon. So, don't worry. Oh, I want to go to the temple.

Ketaki : Maid, tell Aanan to escort her to the temple.  Go with Aanan. He is going near the temple anyway. If you have woken up early, you could have gone with Aatreya. He goes to the temple every morning.

Dhani : Every morning?

Bela nods.

Aanan takes Dhani to the temple. Everyone at the temple looks at her with smiles on their faces.

Someone asked her "How was your night, Queen?"

Dhani is stunned by that question.