S02 Episode 01 The Dance of Prince Aanan

The months passed peacefully in the prosperous village of Naimisharan. Leaves had started to fall off the trees giving off signs of the arrival of Autumn.

Red leaves entered the Mitraman House and laid down on the ground. The sky was somewhat cloudy. Passing clouds hid the sun in its shades and then let it shine its rays.

A beautiful voice rang in the people’s ears in the house. Someone was humming and singing aloud. The voice was melodic, sweet yet manly. There was no doubt about who the singer was. Prince Aanan was singing a song aloud, perhaps to impress the Queen. Horses were dancing to its tune as the red leaves were shedding.

The Autumn equinox was coming. People were preparing for the festival. Drums were beating and the trance music was serving their ears.

In the back premises, Aanan was singing his piece of art to Dhani and grooving his body with it. Dhani was staring at him, mesmerised by him again.

No matter what, he always kept her mind occupied with his charms and skills. He was grooving his body to the tune of the drums that were playing in the background.

A fire was glimmering in the distance. They were preparing for the festival when unexpectedly Prince Aanan came and started to sing and dance.

His grooves made everyone stop what they were doing and see his dance. The wailing children of the maids stopped and watched his grooves with attention. The swings of his hand, turns and steps of the dance matched with the tunes of the drums.

Bela and Ketaki also got swayed by him. They had seen him dance before, but this time, his dance was more charismatic, and more beautiful, perhaps because he was performing in front of his wife.

He held Dhani’s hand and brought her to dance with him. She was shy but couldn't resist him. She swaggered and twirled with him and tried to copy his moves. 

Far from a distance, Aatreya saw everyone looking at the back premises of his house. He had gone inside first but didn’t find anyone there.

Following the eyes of the people he went to the back premises from where the sounds of drumming were coming. People made a way for him.

“Chief?”

He looked at the drummers and then at the couple dancing together. Their dance looked beautiful and elegant. It could be seen on his face that he also liked their dance. Aanan sang the song again.

“The breeze of the Autumn….. makes the red leaves of the trees fall… O! Beautiful lady…. the leaves are finding rest on your shoulder….slipping on your arms…..

Trees swang and birds chirped to add some extra tones to his song. Aatreya looked at Dhani. She was enjoying Aanan’s company. He felt that she had never enjoyed being like this when she was with him. His heart felt that he was not artistic to charm her and make her enjoy.

They stopped dancing and Aanan kissed her hand. Everyone clapped for them. Aatreya looked down and left the premises.

A servant came into the house with the message of someone’s arrival.

“Chief! Chief Surender of the village of Naimisharan has come here with his wife and daughter.”

“Chief Surender? He came unannounced?”

"Yes, Chief"

Chief Surender, the Chief of Veerapalli had come to Naimisharan with his wife and his daughter Avalekha. 

Avalekha was a beautiful lady with the skin of the colour of honey and black hair that was curled to the end. She was about two years older than Dhani. She had completed her penance just like Dhani and received a boon that whoever would be her husband, would ascend the throne of a powerful kingdom. In other words, her boon was that she would become the Queen of a powerful kingdom and live a royal life. She also had one wish remaining that was yet to be asked.