S02 Episode 03 Autumn Equinox

"I will go see him," Manan said with red eyes.

He was infuriated. How could he not when someone humiliated his wife and she was crying in his arms?

Dhani glanced at his face.

"I should've kept my tears from coming out,"

"Husband, don't do anything impulsively," she said, her lips stammered and voice was still coarse.

"He is your brother, a family member and… and the Crown Prince. This small incident may cause big conflicts in the family."

"What" Manan shouted. "Small incident? He…"

Dhani wiped her eyes and looked at him again.

"Husband, listen to my words carefully. If he was this bold to do something like that, he knew that he would get out of it easily. What will you do after throwing at him?"

Manan looked into her questioning eyes and made a fist.

"I will……."

"Where will this lead us to?" She asked.

For a moment he could not say anything and reflected on it.

"I..I.." He stammered.

"Nowhere," Dhani said. "It will get us nowhere. Rather it will just lead to fights and if something…. if your elder brother (Bali) comes to know about it, it will be worse." 

She looked down at the ground and let out a deep sigh as the tears dried in her eyes.

"Then, what do I do? I feel like a dead body that someone humiliated you in OUR own house.... and I couldn't do anything."

Dhani placed her head on his chest and put her hand on his heart. He wrapped his arms around her.

"I don't know the power dynamics of this family. But, surely, I don't want any fights among the family members because of me."

She paused for a moment and then asked again.

"If husband Bali would hit the Crown Prince won't it become a bad situation for us?"

Manan thought and let out a deep breath.

"It will."

"I don't want that."

Dhani stood there for some moments sinking her face on Manan's chest while his arms were wrapped around her and constantly stroked her.

Manan pulled back and lifted her in his arms.

"Let's go to my room now," he said.

She silently affirmed his request by nodding gently.

Manan took her to his bed and placed her on it. Fresh breezes were cooling the room, so he placed a beautiful blanket on top of her that was of her liking.

He seeped into it and held her strongly close to him but made sure that she was comfortable.

A while had passed but none of them could sleep tonight. Both could feel each other's anxiety and vexation, but no one spoke. They kept laying still and silent.

Manan stroked her head sometimes to calm her.

“Don’t talk about it with anyone in the house, will you?” She requested him.

“I will have to tell this to brother Aatreya,” he said.

“I don’t want any conflicts among family members.”

Manan didn’t say anything to her. He succeeded in tugging her to sleep in the end.

●●●

The colourful morning sky welcomed the day of the festival of Autumn Equinox. Everyone was joyful and danced to the music.