EPISODE 22 THE ART OF GENTLE TOUCHING

Bali knocks at Dhani's door.

Dhani : Who is it at this time? Champa is that you? The door is open. You can come in.

He comes in facing the ground. She looks at him and sits up straight. She hurriedly covers her body, which is smeared with medicinal paste.

"What brings you here at this time?" She asks with a pleasing smile.

He comes to her and sits on his knees in front of her facing the ground.

Bali : I made a mistake, wife. I made a mistake. I hurt my wife. Punish me. Punish me, wife.

She looks at him, surprised. He lifts his head and looks at her with remorseful eyes.

Bali : Punish me, but don't hate me. I did not know that I was hurting you. I assumed you were enjoying it because I was enjoying it. I didn't think about what you were feeling. I was not aware of what I was doing. Don't abandon me. Don't keep me away from you.

He clenches his heart.

Bali : I am sorry.

She cups his face dearly and kisses him on his lips.

Dhani : I know. I know you didn't do it on purpose. I know that you were loving me. I know you were showing your love to me.

Bali : Still, I hurt you. I feel so bad here in my heart. Punish me all you want.

He clenches his heart tighter.

Dhani : But, how can I punish my beloved husband? Hmm? He looks quite remorseful. How about this? You sleep with me on my bed tonight and fan me all night. I am feeling so hot because of the medicinal paste.

Bali : You want me to do it? I will do it. But, it doesn't count as a punishment.

Dhani : I am giving you a punishment to look after me all night.

Bali : .....I will do it.

He stands and takes up the fan.

Bali : Sleep now. I will fan you all night.

Dhani : Why aren't you coming on the bed?

Bali : I am good here, standing.

Dhani : Lie down on the bed.

Bali : No. I will stand here.

She understood his heart. She smiles and takes his rough hand and pulls him towards herself. Though she is not able to move him an inch, he himself moves closer to her.

Dhani : I want to sleep on the mountain today.

Bali : Mountain?

Dhani : (smiles) You don't know? I will show you. Sit here.

He sits.

Dhani : Now, lie down.

He gives up and lies down on the bed. She puts her head on his huge chest and rubs it.

Dhani : Here is the mountain. A hard and heavy mountain. When these huge arms embrace me against this hard mountain I feel like I am being squeezed. It needs to be a little gentler.

He embraces her gently.

Bali : Like this?

Dhani : Uhm hmm...... (softly) How is your heart now, my dear husband?

Bali : It's good. It will be better if it receives a lot of kisses from my wife.

She kisses his chest many times. He caresses her hair, gentler this time.