EPISODE 31 MITHUN'S ANGER

The next morning, Dhani and her husbands arrive for breakfast.

Manan : Wife, here, have some of it. It is delicious.

Manan forwards a bowl of Payasam to Dhani. Dhani smiles and takes the bowl from his hand. Everyone is enjoying their time and talking with each other except Mithun. He is sitting quite. He smiles when someone looks at him and answers when someone asks him something. But, deep in his heart, he is feeling sickening emotions.

Mithun : She talks with them, laughs with them. Why not with me? Huh. Forget it. She loves my brothers. They are happy with her. That's it. That's what matters.

Aatreya : I received a word from the Pirpan"s Chief. It's peaceful for now there.

Manan : Brother, what about Kalighat?

Aatreya : I have sent Nivid for Kalighat to observe that area. Now, I have to go to Mitramani. It has been a while I have not reported the village matters to His Majesty.

Bela : He is your uncle. Try calling him uncle sometimes.

Aatreya : Mother, he is a king first.

Ketaki : I still feel bad about it. You are the rightful successor to the throne. (to Bela) Don't you think that your son should sit on the throne?

Bela : It's his choice, not mine.

Aatreya : Mother, Drashtak will become a good king. And as for me, I am happy to be a village chief and serve the people from close.

Ketaki : It's not about your happiness, son. It's about the subjects of the Kingdom. They have all the right to have a thoughtful and considerate king like you. Besides, I don't think Drashtak has the qualities to become a king of such a powerful Kingdom.

Aatreya : Mother, I am grateful that you think of me that highly.

Ketaki : You are worthy of it.

Dhani : What are they talking about? Is husband the rightful successor of the Mitramani Kingdom?

Manan looks at Dhani who is wondering about their conversation and grins looking at her confused expression. Dhani looks at him.

Manan : (murmurs) I will explain it to you in detail sometime later.

Dhani : Okay.

•••••

Aanan and Dhani are standing together looking outside the window of the Hall. They are talking about something and together both of them burst out in laughter.

Aatreya : What's are you two talking about so heartily?

Dhani : Husband was telling me a joke about an ant who married an elephant. Haha.

Aatreya : May I also hear that joke?

Dhani tells him the joke, but it is not in a manner of joke. They laugh, not on the joke but on the way she narrated it.

Mithun : How happy she looks with them. Why can't she be happy with me? Forget it. It hurts my heart. I said just forget it.

Aatreya : Mithun? Are you all right? You don't look well.

Mithun : Yes, brother. I am good.

Servant : Chief, the carpenter has arrived with the bed.

Aatreya : Call him in.

Mithun : Carpenter? Why is the Carpenter here?

Aatreya : Ask Bali. He will tell you his glorious story.