EPISODE 09 HER BLESSINGS

Prabhupada : What do you want to talk about so urgently?

Mala : Dhani. She said she felt something like devine connection, that the High Priestess once told us. Do you remember?

Prabhupada : Oh yes. I remember. So, did she feel this connection with Keechak?

Mala : No. She said she felt this with that man, Bali, who came to Veerapalli a few days ago.

Prabhupada : What? ... Are you sure she said Bali?

Mala : Yes.

Prabhupada : Then why didn't she tell me earlier?

Mala : She must have felt shy about it. And also, she said she felt it again with that man who saved them in the forest.

Prabhupada : What? Don't tell anyone about that. They are, in a sense, enemies of our Kingdom of Hasta.

Mala : Hmm.

Prabhupada : What do I do now? I talked to Keechak just now. He has already said yes to this marriage.

Mala : Tell him that Dhani does not want this marriage because she did not feel any connection with him.

Prabhupada : (sighs) I will have to explain all of this to him in detail. I fear if he takes it in the wrong way or thinks that we are disrespecting him.

Dhani comes in.

Dhani : I am sorry father. I did not know that you came here for my marriage proposal. If I had known I would have told you about it earlier. Let me talk to him. I will handle this situation.

Prabhupada : No, I will speak to him. But, are you sure you felt this connection with Master Bali?

Dhani : Yes. Though I also felt this with....

Prabhupada : Don't talk about that man. Okay?

Dhani : ....... Okay.

Prabhupada : And most importantly, do not tell anyone about Master Bali here, especially to Keechak. Bali and Keechak are not on good terms with each other.

Mala : Why?

Prabhupada : Master Bali is the most powerful mace fighter in the whole Avabhoomi. Once there was a duel between Master Bali and Keechak. Master Bali defeated Keechak in that fight easily. Everyone praised Master Bali. Since then they are known enemies. That's why, don't tell anyone here about this.

Dhani : Okay.

Prabhupada : And please make sure that loquacious queen also stays quiet.

(Refering to Vani because she talks so much)

Later that night, Prabhupada explains Dhani's boon and that she will feel a connection to her husband to Keechak and Surender. They are sitting in the premises of the ashram. Some other people are also there.

Prabhupada tells them that Dhani did not feel anything when she met Keechak

Keechak : Are you telling me that you can't marry your daughter to me? Are you trying to insult me? First you bring this proposal to me yourself and now you are backing away from it. It is an unacceptable disgrace to me.

Prabhupada : Don't be angry, Army Chief. My daughter did not feel anyt....

Keechak : Then, you should have first let her meet me and let her check for herself if she feels it or not.

Prabhupada : How could I let her meet a man before meeting him myself.

Keechak : I don't want to give up on your daughter. I like her. Get her married to me as you wanted.

Prabhupada : How can I..

Dhani comes out of her room.

Dhani : May I say something, Army Chief?

Keechak looks at her.

Dhani : Thank you. I want to explain my situation to you. May I?

Keechak : .....

Dhani : I have received a boon that I will get a husband as my heart desires and I will share a deep connection with him. I do not feel this connection with you. I did not know that my father was looking for a groom for me, otherwise I would have told him about it. I deeply apologize to you. Do not feel that me and my father are disrespecting you. My father is not at fault as well because I did not tell him that I will feel a connection with my husband. You are the Army Chief of Hasta, an ordinary girl like me cannot tarnish your reputation. Please show your greatness to us and forgive us.

Keechak : With all these people watching us, I can't refuse her plea, otherwise word may get out that I forced a woman into marrying me. Either she is so polite or so intelligent to come up with this.

Surender : Keechak, its not right to force a woman to marry you.

Keechak : All right. (glares at Dhani) You think you can escape me. I will make you mine by force or by fire. Once I want something, I take it.

Dhani : Thank you for understanding me. (bows down to him)

The rest of the night passes peacefully except for...

Vani : So he agreed to your refusal?

Dhani : Yes. Anyway, do you wanna know why father call him Master?

Vani : You know why?

Dhani : Because he is a mace fighter and..

Vani : And?

Dhani : Hehe. And father himself used to be a mace fighter back when we were little. He admires him. I guess he also learned some techniques from Bali when he was in Veerapalli. That's why he call him Master Bali.

Vani : Oh ho! By the way, does taking his name gives you butterflies in your stomach? Ha? Ha?

Dhani :...... You. Ugh. I am not talking to you anymore. Good night.

Vani : Offo. I am just curious. That's it. After all you did penance for twelve years for him. So, I want to know how you feel. Tell me about.........

After two days Dhani and her family returned to Veerapalli. Meanwhile, Nivid also returned to Naimisharan from Nilgiri Hills.

He describes all what he knows to Aatreya

Nivid : I went to Nilgiri Hills and met with the Saints of the Temple. She did devote her twelve years since the age of eight to the Lord and received many blessings.

Aatreya : What blessings? Is there any other blessings than getting a desired husband?

Nivid : Many.

Aatreya : List them.

Nivid proceeds to count all her blessings to Aatreya.

Blessed With Five HusbandsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara