EPISODE 35 MY SPOUSAL MARK?

Mithun removes his blanket and checks for the spousal mark. He carefully examines his manhood by tilting it left and right, up and down. Dhani's eyes are made unholy by that sight. She turns her shut eyes away from the scenery and shrinks her body out of shame.

Mithun becomes anxious because he couldn't find the spousal mark even at that place.

Mithun : Wife, it's not here. Look, it's not here.

Dhani : What?

Hesitatingly, she looks at his manhood. He shows it to her by tilting it again and again. The spousal mark is not there.

Mithun : See. It's.... not here.

Dhani : How could this be?

He is worried hard. His eyes look here and there in distress and then looks back at her.

Mithun : Wife, let's just do it once more. It will appear. Maybe it did not appear because I showed resistance to it. Let's do it once more.

She can sense his stress. It's more on the core than what is visible on his face.

Dhani : (nods) Okay.

He takes her in his embrace again. Her head leans on his chest. She can feel his anxious heartbeat.

They do it once again. After finishing, they check again for the spousal mark.

Mithun : (Sighs) It did not appear.

His heart sinks. He sits on the bed and looks at her. Dhani looks into his painful eyes.

Mithun : It did not appear. What if...what if I am not your destined husband? Did we get married by mistake?

Dhani : (shouts) NO! .... You are my destined husband. I feel it.

Mithun : Then why didn't it appear?

He lowers his head and puts his hand on it.

Mithun : Now that I think about it, you kept avoiding me,..... (looks at her) perhaps because deep down you knew I am not one of your destined husbands. I feel heavy in my chest. What if she leaves me.

She slides closer to him and takes his hand to put it on her cheek.

Dhani : No. You got this wrong again. I am sure you are my destined husband.

Mithun : Then, where is my spousal mark?

Dhani : I will ask the High Priestess about it.

Mithun : Wife, if you find out that I am not one of your destined husbands, please continue to love me. There is no need for physical intimacy, but, just some..... hugs and..... smiles. Will you do it?

Dhani : You are my destined husband. Stop saying such things.

She leans onto him.

Mithun : How will she love me when I am not her husband that she prayed for? I shouldn't ask her to do such a thing. It would be better to stay away from her even if it feels like dying.

He pulls back from her and slides the blanket away.

Mithun : I should leave you now. You should rest for some time.

Dhani : He is looking so sad. But, why did the spousal mark not appear?

He gets off the bed. She continues to look at him. The wet clothes are lying on the floor. He bends down to pick them up. Her eyes catch the glimpse of his behind. She holds her breath and puts her hand onto her chest. In a moment she bursts out in loud laughter. He turns towards her and wraps his clothes around his lower body.