EPISODE 33 FIRE

Mithun : Where is the matchbox? I will light up some dias.

Dhani : That's not required. There is enough light coming from the gallery.

Mithun : Then, I will light a fire for you.

Dhani : (beams) Okay. Thank you, husband.

Mithun : She smiled at me?

Mithun stares at her. She gives him a smile and points towards a table.

Dhani : The matchbox is in the second drawer of that table.

Confused by her smile, he walks to the table and takes out the matchbox.

He lights a fire for her. The fire give their bodies a warm relief from the wild cold. Dhani cups her cheek with her right hand as she continues to watch him with a smile while he is burning the woods. He is confused by her behaviour right now. Why has she suddenly started to behave this way towards him? He does not understand it.

Mithun : (stands up) The room is warm enough. You can sleep peacefully. I am going now.

Dhani : (sudden) going? Ahh!.. Ahh!

Mithun : Are you sure I don't need to call him?

She moves her head side by side.

Mithun : Then, I...will..go... Let me look at it for once.

He sits down on the bed and proceeds to take her leg in his hand. Dhani slowly pulls her leg back and covers the ankle with her cloth so that he can't see it.

Dhani : You..don't..need to..look..at it.

Her intention was to hide her ankle from him and not let him see it. But, her act made him furious.

Mithun : Why? Why can't I look at it? Will you become dirty if I touch you?..... Hah! You are not even ready to let me touch your foot and you want to consummate.

His eyebrows has frowned. This is not what she wanted. Seeing him getting angry, she puts her foot onto his lap instantly. He stares at her. She averts her eyes and looks away. A moment of silence passes. Then, he takes a look at her ankle. His fingers examine her foot. Ticklish sensations run through her nervous system. She puts her hand on her mouth to stop the laugh.

Mithun : Nothing seems wrong with your ankle. It's all right.

Dhani : Ahh!...

Mithun : Where is it hurting? Here?..... Here?

Dhani : Yes.. Ah!

Mithun : (confused) I don't see any wound anywhere. It looks all right.

He looks at her. Her face clearly shows that she is in pain.

Mithun : It can be an internal injury. It's not visible from outside. I should call Manan.

He puts her leg down on the bed from his lap and is ready to stand up.

Dhani : Oh no! (shouts) No, don't.

Her shout was loud. He freezes immediately.

Mithun : What? Did she shout at me?

Dhani : Ah...Ahaha. That came out loud.... I don't want to bother him.

Mithun : Then, will you suffer this pain for the rest of the night?

Dhani : I think the pain will be gone once my body is warm enough.

Mithun : (looks at the fire) It's burning.
The room will become warmer in some time.